Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2003, 04:40 PM

Default David Blaine\'s slow suicide. (O/T)

David Blaine tells us that he's really popular in the US so I wonder why he has come to London to kill himself?

Even if he doesn't die in the box during the 44 days of starvation he will have destroyed his body's vital organs.

I always thought that people who have gone insane would be protected from harming themselves, but this shows not, if you have enough money and can generate money for others.

If the US media aren't following it (you can watch him sitting in his glass box in silence 24/7 on TV, here) you can read how he will gradually deteriorate into a gibbering wreck at this site if you have a morbid curiousity like mine and millions of others in the UK.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:09 PM

Default IV fluid

...or else the joke's on you, and his 'water' is really IV fluid. Blaine's career is based on illusion/deception, so this is probably the case.

People in comas have survived YEARS on IV fluid, Blaine will be just fine...
Old 09-08-2003, 05:46 PM

Default Re: IV fluid

That would be a dirty trick.

If he survives unscathed then I will do it for fifty days. (Smiles Cool Hand Luke smile [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] )
Old 09-08-2003, 08:14 PM

He's probably not even in there. When he did the stunt a few years back where he was trapped in a block of ice for days, he used lookalikes and a trap door in the bottom. They misted over the ice so you couldn't see what was going on while they changed stand-ins, and they broadcast what was supposedly going on inside using a looped videotape. And then when he was taken out days later, he stumbled around and acted incoherent to make you think he was really in there. I saw a program on Fox (of course) where they exposed the trick.

As you say, it's all deception and illusion. He'll be fine.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he survives unscathed then I will do it for fifty days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should also have to endure the torture of playing 4 propoker tables simultaneously for the whole period - while also maintaining a polite correspondence with Party Poker customer support (you'll have plenty of time to wait for an answer).
Old 09-08-2003, 08:47 PM

The cad!

I will go forthwith to London town and expose him to the world.

But I must admit the trap-door is well hidden. The "box" is made of clear glass and hanging in the air from London Bridge, and ten million people watched him climb into it. Neither it nor he is ever covered.

I've noticed that supposedly drunken yobbos throw eggs at the box each evening, so he probably swaps with one of the window-cleaners every now and then when the ten million of us are distracted by watching what professionals can do with a squeegee and a bucket of suds.

Clever.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:48 PM

Default Re: David Blaine\'s slow suicide. (O/T)

For a poker player I thought you would be more skeptical.

Why is this getting so much media coverage? It might be interesting if he was trapped in there with a baboon or something, but this guy is barely even famous, I think he had an infomercial once but that's about it.

The fact that he is a 'master illussionist' (sp) should give you a hint that this is not how it seems.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:10 PM

Default Re: David Blaine\'s slow suicide. (O/T)

Not famous???

In the UK he is as famous as his doppelganger, the anti-Christ. His programmes are on TV all the time. Every schoolkid's levitation is directly down to David Blaine. People sit on top of lampposts every Friday night imitating his mumbling of unintelligible remarks to the police and ambulance crews below. He was interviewed on breakfast television by one of our best hosts and those three minutes of virtual silence is now screened on every "Favourite Worst TV Interviews" show each week.

Not famous? Next you'll be telling me Dot Cotton, or Nicholas Parsons, isn't famous.

(But I will suggest the baboon idea to the Director.)

Old 09-08-2003, 10:12 PM

drunken yobbos in London?

get out.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
drunken yobbos in London?

get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they were all in Amsterdam.

Oh, I guess they have to report for work Monday through Friday.