Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2003, 04:30 PM

Default Career Internet players

I know everyone learns at a different pace so to ask how long it takes to make 40K a year would see a whole lot of different answers.

I guess the best way to get my answer is to ask like this; How many hours of playing did it take to reach 40K+ annually? Starting Bankroll? Limit it was acheived? How many animals had to be sacrificed?

I'm hoping that an average of the answers will help set goals.

Old 09-08-2003, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Career Internet players

all depends on how smart and patient you are. I strongly believe that I can teach an intelligent person well enough to make 40k a year in about 5 3-hour sessions. He would simply play 2-3 3-6 partypoker tables at once and play super tight.
I would say that a 500-1k dollar bankroll would be enough for him.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:52 PM

Yes, it is incredibly easy to make a steady earning of 4.5 BB/hr while playing two tables.

The only problem with the theorizing is that the 500$ bankroll is just too much. I mean, what are you planning on, actually LOSING some hands?

Old 09-08-2003, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is incredibly easy to make a steady earning of 4.5 BB/hr while playing two tables.

The only problem with the theorizing is that the 500$ bankroll is just too much. I mean, what are you planning on, actually LOSING some hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL Aces, I agree with your sarcasm about the ease of doing 40K but how long did it take you.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:23 PM

Default Are we past Fishy Peak?

I think a lot depends on when the peak fishiness of online poker is likely to occur... have we passed it or is it still on the upswing? The fish-to-shark ratio has clearly gone up leaps and bounds in the last 6 months, but that kind of juicy opportunity will attract more good players, and as the weak ones bust out they need ever more replacements. When is the inevitable toughening of Party coming?

I would think winning $40k (or even $5k or $10k) from the day of the first WPT broadcast will either be significantly easier or harder than winning $40k starting, say, 6 months from now. I think the fishiness of online poker may be close to its peak, myself.

Any opinions on the over/under for how long the low-limit Party tables are likely to stay so beatable? Or will it get better before it gets worse?

Old 09-08-2003, 05:23 PM

It is easy to avg 15/hr at a full 3-6 table. I am teaching many of my friends now actually and loaning each about 50 dollars, (though they are starting to learn at .5-1.00)
Old 09-08-2003, 05:31 PM

$40K a year equals $800 per week for 50 weeks with 2 weeks of vacation. $800 a week at forty hours a week is $20/hour.

For the past few months it has been very easy to average at least $20/hr playing 2-3 party 3-6 games. I personally might shoot myself if I played 2000 hours in a year, but that is another matter.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:31 PM

I may be labeling myself as Mr Mediocre compared to some of the talent on this board, but it took me about 3 years of playing 40 hours/month to win my 1st $40k. But this was before Party was around handing out free $ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I would think winning $40k/year would be beyond my current skill set as I barely win 0.5BBs/hour in the tougher Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm games. I would guess a lot of us "2nd job" type players make most of our profits playing Fri Sat nights, and some of us (maybe me) would never cut the mustard in the tougher games to play full time (or win $40k), even if our win rates are $20-$50/hour. In a nutshell, going from 5-10hours/week to 40-50 hours/week might cut my win rate in 1/2 or worse.

J
Old 09-08-2003, 06:04 PM

Once I stopped treating it as entertainment and started trying hard it took me about 5-6 months of playing online before I was earning $20 an hour. But I mostly taught myself (of course I read the books). IMO Eugeenel is right that with a good player teaching you it won't take that much time at all. But I would start off with more money than he suggests, maybe 2k, and I would jump right into 2-4.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:18 PM

All I hear is the ease of Party....how would ppl compare it to other sites. Say on a scale of 1-100.

100 being the easy side, and 1 being the tough side.

Party's Beatablity 88 out of a possible 100? More Less?
What about other sites?
UB
Empire
True
Paradise
Stars

I would love to see where the forum feels the easiest games are.