Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2003, 02:19 AM

Default betting monster draws into paired flop

new poster looking for comments...

...fairly soft 9/18 b&m game...i'm otb with AsJs and raise an early and a mid-late limper (early player unknown; mid-late callst)...sb c-calls (strong player), bb folds and both limpers call...

flop: QsThTd

sb checks...early checks...late-mid bets and i raise hoping to steal (against 3 players, i know) or at least get a cheap idea if i am drawing dead...a re-raise and i fold, but everyone calls so i wait until the turn to find out if someone is slowplaying a boat...

turn is Ks...everyone checks...i bet and only sb calls...now i put him on T9s, maybe KQ...AT...JT..99...even...JJ

so heads-up with nut straight, drawing to nut flush and royal...

river is 7s. sb checks, i bet, he raises, i re-raise, he calls with Ts9s...

make the fold on flop? how to handle paired flop with gutshots/backdoor nut flush/runner/runner royal and other longshots when otb?

thanks
lucky turn

Old 09-03-2003, 09:27 AM

Default Re: betting monster draws into paired flop

hi slow
you played it fine until the river. the main problem here is considering folding on the flop if reraised. usually a boat will wait until the turn or river.

for that reason, the river was a little over done by you. you don't need the heroics on the river. bet and call the raise. it's not awful to 3 bet, but you do lose some ev there.