Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2003, 09:54 PM

Default how I played this button hand? Did I stink up the place?

I wasn't happy with my play here at all. But you be the judge tho and tell me how I screwed it all up...

Three handed no limit, both opponents have stacks bigger than my 60.00 or so. It's a 50c BB game on party...

I have J7o and put in a small raise on the button, a steal raise. It was 2x the BB I think. Anyway, both call.

Flop is 7s 2h 5s. SB checks and BB bets $1. I raise it to $6. Both opponents call, tho each took a long time to do so.

The turn is an offsuit deuce. They both check and I bet $10 into a pot of about $20. The SB calls but the BB folds.

the river is an offsuit six. SB checks and I check.

Comments?

al
Old 08-26-2003, 09:58 PM

Default result

Anyway, my top pair, jack kicker beat his top pair, eight kicker, and I won.

I thought I stunk up the place tho by chickening out and not betting enough on the turn.

should I have bet the river? I generally think not, but let's hear what you have to say.

al
Old 08-26-2003, 10:13 PM

Default Re: result

Strange, i'm just reading No-Limit Hold’em Blind-Stealing right now.

If you actually want to steal a blind i think you are going to have to risk more. I'm more shocked that a hand got folded around to the button, i think it's more likely 3 handed [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Firstly, i don't like you are bluffing what seems an unknown player, i can't stop beating myself up enough for doing this. But..

I like the flop play, seems you are leading.

I don't like the turn play though, if you think he could fold 7 strong kicker to an all in bluff then go for it and pretend you are playing an overpair. But after he called those bets i'd be pretty much ready to give up this bluff, even more so with the extra caller.

I think the river check is an easy play.

Comments?
Old 08-26-2003, 11:00 PM

Now remember, I wasn't exactly bluffing, I did have top pair with an overcard kicker.

The problem I've been having with party is that I can't raise it 3x or 4x the BB, I have had trouble with their slide bar since the day I started playing there. The games ARE juicy, and I rarely have a terrible day there. More often I take home a reasonable win most times I play. But their software just plain sucks. I have trouble with all my betting amounts there because the slide bar just doesn't allow you the preciseness that I want for my betting practices.

In reality, it hardly mattered anyway, because with these two players, I could have made it $10 BTF and they still would have called. J2s, A3o, it didn't matter, if they wanted to play, the amount of a raise was irrelevant. Made it ten to go with JJ after one limped for 50c, he called with A6o. So between that and the slider problem, I was just hitting the stupid button and doing the minimum raise! I actually stole the blinds that way once or twice, can't imagine what they FOLDED.

thought it was interesting anyway...

al
Old 08-27-2003, 01:52 AM

You know you can type the exact amount you want to be right next to the slider right?
Old 08-27-2003, 03:01 AM

Default Re: how I played this button hand? Did I stink up the place?

To me the biggest mistake is trying to steal the blinds on PartyPoker.

Once the flop comes down your play looks good to me. On the turn, yes you could bet more but on the other hand that 2 should scare you to death.

As for using the slide bar: try just clicking on it a few times, just to the right of where the slider is, to move the amount up in notches.

Guy.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:17 AM

It's not a pure bluff, but it is a bluff in which you are representing a hand that is better than what you have. Hence the reason for my turn comments.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:20 PM

i might have overbet the flop, make the chasers think for a minute
Old 08-27-2003, 02:56 PM

Default Thanks for the Tip! (NM)