Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2003, 01:02 PM

Default Mohegan Closes. New games at Foxwoods?

I was at Foxwoods Friday night. I am aware that Mohegan is closing their room, and thought to myself while staring at the board, is Foxwoods going to add the 10/20 with half kill? How about other games?

When one goes to Vegas, the Mirage and Bellagio have different games going. I assume they do this so as not to directly compete for the same player pool. (Is this right?) And now with Mohegan out of the loop, will Foxwoods start offering other games?
Old 08-04-2003, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Mohegan Closes. New games at Foxwoods?

I'm almost sure Foxwoods won't start spreading 10/20 with a half kill. They used to spread that game a couple of years ago and dropped it in favor of a regular 10/20 and a 15/30 (which has since been dropped in favor of a 20/40).

They've been spreading a 40/80 game on weekends lately, I expect the only consequence of Mohegan closing (other than a busier room) is that game will go almost every day now.

There is talk about adding 6 more tournament tables, but there are supposedly no plans for anything else. Pretty much every table gets used on weekends now, so it's unlikely they could add more games even if they wanted to.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:23 AM

JTG,

A couple years ago, FW dropped the 3-6 and 5-10 games in favor of 4-8 and 8-16. This lasted for a short time until the 5-10 players decided to leave both the 4-8 and 8-16 games they were in and head over to Mohegan. After informing the shift manager they were leaving, much scrambling took place. Within ten minutes, the 5-10 game was on again. Look for FW to be less responsive to its customers.

John
Old 08-05-2003, 12:51 PM

Look for FW to be less responsive to its customers.

I certainly agree with that, and I think that it's the biggest loss that will come from Mohegan closing their room. I won't miss playing in Mohegan, but I think we'll all miss the competition.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:12 PM

I will miss playing at the Mohegan Sun. I enjoyed their room and got to know a lot of the players and dealers.

I played at Foxwoods Friday night and they were very busy. Some players tried to get a 40-80 hold'em game going but there were no tables and they would have only been four handed anyway (to start the game).

I must say that although I don't enjoy the drive or like the room as much as the Mohegan room, Foxwoods is run much better. At the 20-40 game the floor would fill empty seats sometimes before the leaving player finished packing up his chips.

I hope they find a way to squeeze in a few more tables.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:41 AM

Default Very Good Point NM