Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Incase anyone still cares .. Pokerstars 20% bonus on next deposit

WCOOP 2003 Deposit Bonus

The second annual World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) is less than a week away, and we thought you could use some extra cash to qualify for the $1 million prize pool. So - from 6 PM on August 3 until midnight August 10, make a deposit in your PokerStars account of any amount up to $600, and we'll give you an extra 20%. That means up to $120 in free money to qualify for one of the 11 great events!

Here are the promotion details:
The Bonus Period is from Sunday, August 3, 6:00 PM to Sunday, August 10, 12 Midnight (Eastern Time).
You may make one deposit that is eligible for the deposit bonus. The maximum deposit that qualifies for the bonus is $600, which will earn you a potential $120 bonus.
Only the first deposit during the promotion period is eligible for the deposit bonus.
Once you make a deposit, the amount of your bonus will appear in the Cashier Window. Your bonus amount shows as “pending” when you first make your deposit, and the number of Frequent Player Points (FPPs) you must earn to collect the bonus appears in the same window. (Click here for more information on FPPs.)
To earn the deposit bonus, you must earn FPPs, equal to your qualifying deposit, beginning when you make your qualifying deposit. For example, if you deposit $500, making you eligible for a $100 bonus, you must earn 500 FPPs to receive your $100 pending bonus.
Once you earn the required FPPs for playing in live games and tournaments, your bonus moves from “pending” into your PokerStars cash account. We will send you an email that confirms that the bonus funds have been moved to your cash account, and you can see this transaction in your transaction history in the Cashier window.
If you cash out any amount from your PokerStars account during the Bonus Period prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus.
If you still have a pending bonus for a previous promotion, the FPPs that you earn are first applied to the previous bonus. For example:
You made a $500.00 deposit on June 2, 2003 during the Chris Moneymaker WSOP win Celebration and received $100.00 pending bonus.
You collected 400 FPPs by August 5, 2003 and also made a new $600.00 deposit that qualifies you for another pending bonus of $120.00. Both bonuses will be shown in the Cashier window.
You collected 100 more FPPs by August 6, 2003 with a total of 500 FPPs since the deposit on June 2, 2003 and are credited $100 first bonus.
Now you need to collect 600 more FPPs to earn your second bonus of $120.00.

Old 08-03-2003, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Incase anyone still cares .. Pokerstars 20% bonus on next deposit

yeah, i got the notice for this exactly 26 minutes after I made a deposit (it wasn't in effect when I made the deposit).
i was just planning on making a quick hit and run (err.....win and withdrawl)...but now i cant withdraw it wihout disqualifying myself from the bonus...plus I'll need to make a 2nd deposit to take advantage. i guess these are the kinds of problems I'm glad Stars produces. just thought it was kind of funny to find out about this mere minutes after my first deposit in weeks.

stars may be one of the few places without the initial deposit thing....but they toss out these bonus-deposit periods pretty generously.

the moneymaker one was in late April or early May as I recall.
and then the 4th of July one...
and now this one just one month later.

not too shabby.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:24 PM

Try e-mailing them as they might give you the bonus anyway as your deposit was so close to the start of this promo. You never know!

These bonuses have been getting me back for the ring games but sometimes I wonder if its worth my time as my win rate there is awful.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These bonuses have been getting me back for the ring games but sometimes I wonder if its worth my time as my win rate there is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]
To quote the immortal Vanilla Ice, "word to yo mother".
Old 08-03-2003, 10:16 PM

"If you cash out any amount from your PokerStars account during the Bonus Period prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus." [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

This really hacks me about Stars since I already have 200BB in the limits I play on deposit there. I can't see adding to it, but I quess I probably will. Many times at Paradise I have just withdrawn $500 and redeposited it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 01:33 AM

but i dont think there is any rule about having to leave the money in there for a specified period of time.
i think that you could make the deposit and then withdraw it shortly thereafter (this may be something that could rankle their feathers though and they might think you are abusing their policy..etc etc).
you dont get the bonus money until you meet the FPP requirements...but otherwise, you can take the money rigt back out, cant you??
Old 08-04-2003, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This really hacks me about Stars since I already have 200BB in the limits I play on deposit there. I can't see adding to it, but I quess I probably will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats $4 at $.01-$.02
Old 08-04-2003, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't win enough it's better to leave it as it is. I have lost twice trying to clear the bonus. I'm tempted to try it again. But I'm not going to.
I wonder why other sites don't give so many bonuses.

Is the bonus at paradise still good? I think it's time for me to go and have a look.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:47 AM

I've never played on Stars and wanted to sign up and take advantage of the bonus. Is there a code for this or will it just happen automatically? I didn't see anything on their website (but didn't look too hard.)
Old 08-04-2003, 10:56 AM

Is Pokerstars the only site that you can clear bonuses by playing tournies? As I only play tournaments I am abit limited as a bonus whore.