Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2003, 01:47 PM

Default Finding the best SnG\'s

I'm curious as to why so many people play the S&G's at Party. Don't they have a higher rake, smaller stack, and generally more aggressive blind structure? If so, do all of those factors outweigh the "fish factor" enough where it still makes sense to play there?

I usually play at Stars and UB, but would love to find some softer games that are conducive to a good ROI. Is Party the place to go, or is there a better site than the ones I've already discussed.

FWIW, I usually play the $5 tables since I am no pro and don't have a big BR.

Gracias... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Finding the best SnG\'s

For $5 tables, I would stay away. The 20% vig is outrageous. However, if you could stand to play some $10 tourneys, the game really is very weak at Party. Granted, the small stacks may cause some more luck/variance in your results. But, then again, the shorter games (time-wise) should help offset some of that. For instance, you can probably play 10 Party tourneys in the same time as you can play 5 Stars tourneys. (that's a pure guess on my part, having not played on Stars - but you get my point.)

At any rate, at $5 and $10, the competition is very weak everywhere I've played - UB, Party, Paradise.
Old 08-02-2003, 03:51 AM

It is much easier to beat a bad player at paradise or stars than party.
However, party games move faster, so you can make less and still show a good profit.
In my opinion playing Paradise will IMPROVE your game, thus allowing you to move up to say $33 games. As where Party games will not help your over all level of play.

I say play party when your in a casual mode.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:51 PM

I play mostly on Paradise for the reasons you mentioned. UB never has anybody playing the sit-n-gos so you have to wait too long for them to fill, and although I've never played there myself I hear the competition is stiffer over at stars. Paradise is still plenty fishy at the low buy-ins and you get a few more chips to play around with.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:07 PM

availability of the game. There are so many of them going on all the time. You don't need to wait for a game, in fact, you have to chase for the seat.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:31 PM

Thanks for the tips all. I'm going to drop some money in both Party and Paradise and see how I fare. UB seems to have ditched almost all of their SnGs and I'm getting bored with Stars.

Thanks again for the advice.