Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2003, 02:22 AM

Default Just Another KK Hand

.5/1 Paradise

In MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP Raises, LEP Cold Calls, I 3 Bet, 2 Cold Callers, EP & LEP Call

Flop [ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

Checked to me I Bet, One Cold Caller(CC) Calls, EP & LEP Call

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Chceked to me I Bet, CC Calls, EP Calls, LEP Checkraises, I 3 Bet, CC and EP Fold, LEP Calls

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

LEP Checks, I Check

Comments Appreciated
Old 07-30-2003, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Just Another KK Hand

If it was a worth a 3 bet on the turn, why check the river when a birck hits. Either you feel like you are ahead and want to value bet, or you feel you are beaten and should call the checkraise and then the probable river bet. I would have bet and expected to see A9 pay me off
Old 07-30-2003, 03:22 AM

I thought the river check was questionable. I thought there was a chance I was behind on the turn, but the 3 bet might get the cold caller and ep out which I really wanted.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:27 AM

what possible hand could you be behind to that folds to a raise? Any 2 pair or set is going to showdown here. And any hand that you are behind to would probably have capped it.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:37 AM

There are two other people in the hand besides the checkraiser. They now have to call 2. They are the ones who I wanted to fold.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:40 PM

The way the hand played out, I think you played it perfectly.

The only question is on the turn. It looks like your opponent wanted callers when he checked raised you. So if that's the case and he would only do that with a hand you trail, top 2 pair or a set, it might be better to just call the turn and hope the board pairs low on the river.

It would be much more important to get the other 2 players out if it would clean up some of you outs. Since your hoping LEP has 98, if you know you are behind, and the 2 and 4 are likely clean outs anyway, you have 8 outs whether CC and EP call, so leave them in and win a bigger pot.

If there is a decent chance you are ahead, 30% or greater, you want to knock out CC and EP.

The other question is can you safely fold to a 4-bet on the turn or a river bet? If so, then that makes the the 3-bet a good play also. There are around 19 Big Bets in the pot, if he 4-bets, you almost have odds to draw for your set.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the river check was questionable. I thought there was a chance I was behind on the turn,

[/ QUOTE ]

The river check is a good play if you think it's more likely you are behind than ahead. The way the turn check/raise played out, it looks like your opponent wanted callers. That means he thinks he has you beat or he has a monster draw, like JcTc. But a monster draw, should have check/raised the flop. So that's less likely.

Mostly, it depends on what you think of your opponent. The more passive your opponent, the more likely your are behind and you should check the river.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what possible hand could you be behind to that folds to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

He wants CC and EP out because gutshots and 1 pair hands are drawing live against him and the pot is huge, like 15 big bets.

The more likely he is ahead the better the play.

If he knows he can get a free showdown out of this play, there isn't much downside and he gets to charge the draws extra. He can't charge draws on the river.

Old 07-30-2003, 04:22 PM

Default Results

LEP turned over what I thought was a poorly played JJ.