Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2003, 12:32 AM

Default Can\'t Win at Pokerstars

This is kinda a pointless post I guess, but does anyone else have this problem?? I have shown a profit everywhere I've played except this site and it is getting very irritating. I've dropped like a grand chasing the July 4 Bonus there and I'm done. Consider it officially and permanently uninstalled. They can keep their $100.

Thanks for listening,
Jeff
Old 07-30-2003, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Can\'t Win at Pokerstars

Have you tried playing NL? It's hard to lose and you can clear the bonus quickly.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:40 AM

Well if you're after the the $100 dollar bonus, playing head up 30-60 with 300 bucks aint a great idea.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:55 AM

"Well if you're after the the $100 dollar bonus, playing head up 30-60 with 300 bucks aint a great idea."

Well, I actually started with more than that and planned to buy in more if I lost (I have ample funds in Neteller). But I'm just fed up with the site and decided to bag it. Was kinda joking/steaming with the post, but will admit I shouldn't have sat 30 without putting more on the table but we all make mistakes...frustration led me to a bad decision but in any event...I'm done with the site. I'm up 500 at Party 15 since I made the first post so that is some consolation [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Jeff

Old 07-30-2003, 08:58 AM

Most people cant win on stars its rigged. I know Im a kook, but there are many people on this site whos play I respect who have had the same experience, win everywhere EXCEPT stars. I wont even go there to get the bonus, its not worth losing $500
Old 07-30-2003, 09:07 AM

I think the "rigging" part of stars works both ways. However most people tend to forget about the beats they lay down on other people, its as simple as that. If a bad beat puts you in a bad mood, then that is why you are losing. I have never complained about stars, and probably never will, bad beats happen, just accept it already.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:22 AM

Welcome, join the club..However with the last bonus of 4th July i manage to get a profit of 20$.. I played now the 05/1$ and 1/2$ games instead of the 2/4$ and 3/6$ games..
after 600 hands..
Old 07-30-2003, 09:34 AM

That's funny, I really thought you were joking when you last aired your PokerStars deal gripe. Have the recent news from PokerStars that their shuffling algorithm has been submitted to agencys of some sort alleviated your fears?
Old 07-30-2003, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried playing NL? It's hard to lose and you can clear the bonus quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this. I've played NL. And you lose faster playing NL. The pots are not always bigger. I have lost $500 too chasing the 20% bonus. I wont say it's rigged like Rollaj did. But I just stay away. I'll just go there when we're playing the next zoo tournament. If it's not in the middle of the night of course.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:42 AM

Ahhhhh, Pokerstars....... I too, have won at every single site I have played with the 1 lone exception. That's right, Pokerstars. It was the second site I played at after Paradise and I could never figure out what I was doing wrong. I blamed it on the shuffle, I blamed it on collusion, I blamed it on my dog, etc etc etc.....

Well, some time back I decided I was going to make 1 more deposit at Stars and try a different approach. Since that last small deposit I have been winning at a higher rate than any site I play. Why? I am taking a very different approach to the games there. I will not go into details, but suffice it to say I believe I have found the enemy and he was........ME. After I have played a few thousand more hands I will let you know if my ?luck? is still holding up. By the way, I still believe that overall the players on Pokerstars are the toughest to be found anywhere-internet or B&M. Seems someone else on here (maybe jek) posted he had figured out how to consistently beat the games at Stars so if I am right there is a way and you can figure it out too and if I am wrong I'll be posting shortly about the rigged deal at Stars! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]