Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2003, 07:25 PM

Default Vegas trip planned ... question about mid-limit games

I'm planning a Vegas trip in August ( around 10th ) for around 5 days.
I'll be there either Sun - Thurs or Sat - Thurs.
( I know around the weekend would be ideal but unable to do that )
My flight is a couple hundred extra if I fly in on Saturday. ( plus hotel expense on Sat alot more )
So I am wondering how good the games are sun-thurs at the Belagio and Mirage.

If the games really dry up midweek and the games are generally much better Sat night/Sun morning versus the other days then I'll come down Saturday otherwise I'll just fly down Sunday for the trip.

I'm staying at the Aladdin and plan on playing mostly 15-30, maybe some 10-20 and 20-40.

I'm looking forward to the trip but don't want to arrive sunday to a table of rocks talking about how great the games were the night before [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks, Instinct
Old 07-28-2003, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Vegas trip planned ... question about mid-limit games

I was in Vegas last August and found the games to be good at the Bellagio each night. I wore my badge from a trade show that I attended and I swear people were attacking me all night long (you should find one).

I had better luck at the 30-60 game than the 15-30, but there were multiple tables of both. And it is a pleasure to deal with the professional staff there.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:18 PM

The games will definitely be better on the weekends than they will be on the weekdays unless there are a large # of tourists in town for some reason. Also, the games are almost always better at night than they are in the day.

A friend of mine who plays in the daytime says the Mirage 10-20 game has been extremely good even in the day for a few months. Pokerbabe agrees with him. This game used to have a reputation for being a rock garden. Today, there were two games running before noon and the both seemed good. At night, the 10-20 is almost always great. I've spent a lot of time playing the graveyard 10-20 and have been beating it for much more than 1BB/hr.

My general rule for the Bellagio 15-30 game is that it should be good if there are three games, will almost always be good if there are four, and are great if there are five or more. If there are two or less and I see several regulars in the game, I play elsewhere.

Clarkmeister says the Mirage 20-40 game has been great. He's been calling it loose-aggressive. I haven't been playing this much even late at night. If there is only one game running and I see some regulars in it, I usually just play the 10-20. When the Mirage gets two or more 20-40 games going, they are usually quite good.

I've only dabbled in the Bellagio 30-60. However, if there aren't three games, I don't bother.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:38 AM

Dynasty - I generally find the 30-60 at the Bellagio to be MUCH tougher during the day than evening or night - of course there can be alot of variability. I always stay at Bellagio - next trip is four days over Labor Day. Would you say the 20-40 at the Mirage is less tough during the day than the 30-60 at Bellagio? All I know is that you the the Babe seem to frequent that game and while I'm sure I'd enjoy your company neither of you are the types I would prefer in my game.

Also, do they ever get 40-80 going at the Mirage like on a holiday weekend?
Old 07-29-2003, 12:12 PM

The 40-80 only goes during very busy weekends.

The 20-40 game is certainly beatable during the day. I haven't really obsvered the 30-60 day game carefully so I can't compare them well.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:11 PM

Default Thanks alot ! ( N/M )