Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 07:33 PM

Default On\'y 1 Overcard against 2 Opponents

Am I supposed to lead out as a follow through of the pre-flop raise with only 1 overcard?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
Old 12-15-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: On\'y 1 Overcard against 2 Opponents

What are the reads on the two limpers? Do they peel the flop and fold the turn? Do they take weak draws to the river? Will they call down with any piece?

Preflop and flop are standard, but the turn decision depends on the reads that you haven't provided.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:49 PM

check behind the turn dude =(
Old 12-15-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the reads on the two limpers? Do they peel the flop and fold the turn? Do they take weak draws to the river? Will they call down with any piece?

Preflop and flop are standard, but the turn decision depends on the reads that you haven't provided.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have much of a read because I only played about 50 hands or so with them. I think I need to do more mining to get better reads. I took a crack at the turn because I had the flush draw. I figured that put a little weight towards taking a shot at them .
Old 12-15-2005, 07:58 PM

Preflop and flop are good. Turn, with no reads it could go either way, you could either bet out or check behind. The way you played it I would check behind on the river too.

BBB
Old 12-15-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I supposed to lead out as a follow through of the pre-flop raise with only 1 overcard?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (8.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks good to me. Mildly uncoordinated board, one overcard, BDFD, BDSD, only two opponents, position. On the turn you might take the free card to draw to your flush, but betting isn't bad either.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:15 PM

:grunch:

I think the continuation bet on the flop is fine. But after both players call your bet, I just take the free card on the turn and hope a diamond hits - being ready to fold the river if you don't improve.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:35 PM

you're not winning the hand outright with 2 remaining players often enough to make that turn bet profitable and you'll get c/r too often and you have to pay it off.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're not winning the hand outright with 2 remaining players often enough to make that turn bet profitable and you'll get c/r too often and you have to pay it off.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't really determine this readless.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't really determine this readless.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to be rude but: no kidding, so going off of nothing is mere speculation and i am speculating that i doubt that 2 players are folding to this turn card often enough to make betting it profitable.

since no reads were provided, i have to go with generalities. a 9 might have hit their hand and since they didn't fear the Q (just assuming neither have one, which since we have no reads: they might), they often call here and hope to hit 2 pair or their gutshot or whatever it is they had to call with on the flop.

sometimes you can bet, but generally sans reads, long term it is a losing bet.