Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2003, 05:08 AM

Default Lost the whole way...how did I play???

Game is a loose passive 10/20, 1 EP limper, 1 MP limp, button limps, sb completes, and I rap in the bb with 78 offsuit. Flop comes 4d6d9d. Checked to the button who bets, sb calls, I call (???), and the rest fold. Turn comes the 5h. Sb checks, I lead out, both call. River comes the Qs. Now the Sb leads out, I call, and the button raises. The Sb folds and I reluctantly call. I was half asleep playing this hand but even awake I'm not sure I played it right at all, results to follow.

Bob S.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Lost the whole way...how did I play???

hi bob
you can check-fold the flop.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:53 AM

I think you should have bet out on the flop. It would have made it harder to put you on a hand. When you lead out on the turn after check calling the flop, your hand sure looks exactly like the straight and you miss the chance of folding a small flush if a 4th diamond hits.

Old 07-18-2003, 08:22 AM

You have to check-fold the flop.

It's a small pot, you may be drawing dead and if not, you only have 6 outs with a redraw on the river. On the flop, there are two players to act after you who may be check-raising.

Clear fold.

Old 07-18-2003, 03:08 PM

Default results and comments

I think my flop call was marginal at best, however, I was pretty sure the button didn't have a made flush nor did the SB. I was getting 7-1 on a 6 outer but was yet concerned about the two earlier limpers, luckily they folded. When I didn't get raised by either opponent on the turn I was fairly confident that the button didn't have a flush at all, he would raise here with a non-nut and would have checked the flop with the nut. I'm now positive the Sb doesn't have the flush for this was the perfect opporitunity to checkraise. The river still has me baffled, I think my not raising the SB's bet made him feel his set of 6's was good, I take down a nice pot. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2003, 05:11 AM

Reraise the river. From the play of the hand a straight appears to be the best hand.