Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Overcard Hand

Opponent is loose and aggressive preflop, but not much info after that. Is is worth betting the overcards into the coordinated board against 2 opponents?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero ?.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Overcard Hand

Even if he just has a 9 you don't have odds to see the river. I smell a slowplayed flush or maybe set and muck.

The flop continuation bet is fine. I don't know if it's worth betting the turn though.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:15 PM

Yea you are probably right. I usually follow through on the turn because plenty of people will call for a SB and then fold for the BB. I don't want them to see the river for free. On this board though, maybe the whole thing was a fiasco.

This hand was key for me because I later learned that the player was extremely aggressive and bluffed on occasion. (I folded this hand to the turn raise)

The next time we faced off and I had a reasonable hand and he popped me on the turn, I called. He had nothing but sucked out on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Dreadful last 200 hands. Won one hand and it was a blind steal.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea you are probably right. I usually follow through on the turn because plenty of people will call for a SB and then fold for the BB. I don't want them to see the river for free. On this board though, maybe the whole thing was a fiasco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh don't get me wrong, I usually follow through with continuation bets all the way to the river, and I think it may be one of if not my single biggest leak at this point since I do it so often and I know it costs me money.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:25 PM

Turn bet was goot. Quintessential bet/fold.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:26 PM

I think you have to continue betting on the turn, especially since it's HU and you're OOP. Question for anyone who is Eegah: after you check and he bets, what's your plan?

Folding to his raise is perfect. Nh.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to continue betting on the turn, especially since it's HU and you're OOP. Question for anyone who is Eegah: after you check and he bets, what's your plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have one; that's why I always bet the turn and lose 3.5BB to some twit who called down with a pair of treys [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]