Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 02:08 PM

Default TT small card flop

mp3 is a big fish.
UTG+1 is 29/5 over 71 hands. somewhat passive postflop, pretty sure he wont bet overs in spots like these, but will peel with them.

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero ?

Final Pot: 12.25 BB.

river value bet here?
and what about the preflop? I didnt 3 bet cause i didnt wanna get into a 3 handed pot with TT, so i cc trying to get everyone else to come along so i could play it for set value?
Old 12-09-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: TT small card flop

[ QUOTE ]
mp3 is a big fish.
UTG+1 is 29/5 over 71 hands. somewhat passive postflop, pretty sure he wont bet overs in spots like these, but will peel with them.

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-bet this preflop. You have a huge equity edge here, and this hand will definitely win more than a quarter of the time against 3 opponents. You also have ultimate position, being the button. So if a scary flop comes, you are able to see what everyone else does before you act. Odds are, if you 3 bet preflop, everyone will check to you on the flop anyways.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd cap here based on the way it was played preflop. If you 3 bet preflop and UTG+1 capped it, then I might play it this way, but this is a relatively safe flop for you. Trap the dead money in the hand for more bets.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (9.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 playe
rs)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the bet here. No one seems to have a 7 by showing any aggression.

[ QUOTE ]

River: (12.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero ?

Final Pot: 12.25 BB.

river value bet here?
and what about the preflop? I didnt 3 bet cause i didnt wanna get into a 3 handed pot with TT, so i cc trying to get everyone else to come along so i could play it for set value?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should value bet this. It is probable that no one has a 7 since it was checked to you twice. A value bet would be good here.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:24 PM

It looks to me like UTG+1 has overpair that is scared of straight. You didn't re-raise preflop so he can think you don't have an overpair and is scared you raised a straight draw.

He could also have AK, AQ but you said he didn't raise overs. The way you played it I would have checked that river through.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:30 PM

Preflop, I'd definitely 3 bet.

Flop and turn okay.

I'd bet the river.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:32 PM

I'm 3 betting preflop. The flop might play differently then--but if he still 3 bet it after my preflop action, I'd call. I would bet the turn and river after he checks both times.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:33 PM

i'd typically raise here preflop to help define your hand as early as possible and make sure it doesn't go four or five handed with the blinds trailing in cheaply. i still raise for value with 10's when it appears its going to be 3 handed, and take the set value approach that you did more when it's going to be at least 4 or 5 and isolation is not possible.

anyway, it would really be about a coinflip for me on river... given the check call on turn (?????) after making it 3, i would feel a bet/call line would be in order if you think mp3 is calling and a cheap showdown if not...
Old 12-09-2005, 02:37 PM

UTG+1 could have a hand like AK or AQ suited to hearts, which both fall into his apparent raising range and explain the flop 3-bet, turn check line.

Whatever he's got, it looks like MP3 will call a river bet with a worse hand, so I think you have value in a bet there.

If your read were based on a few hundred, rather than 71 hands, I could see taking the preflop/flop line you did against this player. But it's very easy to get a false read on something like PFR% over such a small sample, so I also favor a preflop 3-bet.