Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Comments Please

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.00 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.50 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (9.50 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (12.50 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (12.50 BB)
Old 12-06-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Comments Please

What kind of comments do you want?

Seat 5's call on 4th street is a question mark. As is seat 4's check on the river, what the hell does he have in the hole? 884? JJ4? If he started with three babies then he has a straight right now. And if he didnt, what is he doing calling a completion from an A? Maybe he had something like Ks8s4s, I dont know. This hand is making me angry, why dont people play like this when I play 10-20?

Also, im not so sure about your call on 6th. Youre probably playing for half the pot at that point, and even if you are ahead at the moment, your opponents have at least 4 and 6 outs respectively to beat you. You have maybe one out to improve. Still, with the pot as large as it is, its pretty close.

Come to think of it, I dont know how much your raise on 5th street is accomplishing, again it comes down to what kind of player seat 4 is, and what the hell he started with. With all 4 aces gone, hes probably gotta have some kind of draw to a straight, and also a draw to a better low than the one he might put you on.
Is that what you were looking for?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of comments do you want?

[/ QUOTE ]
The ones you made seem pretty good.
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 5's call on 4th street is a question mark. As is seat 4's check on the river, what the hell does he have in the hole? 884? JJ4? If he started with three babies then he has a straight right now. And if he didnt, what is he doing calling a completion from an A? Maybe he had something like Ks8s4s, I dont know. This hand is making me angry, why dont people play like this when I play 10-20?

[/ QUOTE ]
Game selection my friend. Party's 10/20 Stud8 is making me seriously consider dropping out of college to play poker for a living.
[ QUOTE ]
Also, im not so sure about your call on 6th. Youre probably playing for half the pot at that point, and even if you are ahead at the moment, your opponents have at least 4 and 6 outs respectively to beat you. You have maybe one out to improve. Still, with the pot as large as it is, its pretty close.

[/ QUOTE ]
These were my thoughts exactly.
[ QUOTE ]
Come to think of it, I dont know how much your raise on 5th street is accomplishing, again it comes down to what kind of player seat 4 is, and what the hell he started with. With all 4 aces gone, hes probably gotta have some kind of draw to a straight, and also a draw to a better low than the one he might put you on.
Is that what you were looking for?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:41 PM

Looks good to me
Old 12-06-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike - you like the 5th street raise?