Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 08:49 PM

Default first 6 max post

trying to learn 6 max to improve blind stealing/defending because i'm a w/t pussy at full ring

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6 BB

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Please rip into me, honestly just dont know what kind of line to take with these situations.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: first 6 max post

[ QUOTE ]
trying to learn 6 max to improve blind stealing/defending because i'm a w/t pussy at full ring

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay good, but none of these hands really have much to do with blind stealing/defense.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you can give this up on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

River: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. Check the flop. Betting into 4 opponents with A-high, no draw, is not a good thing.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems okay to me. Possibly raise flop to knock out BB, and get a free card on the turn.

-- Kevin
Old 11-29-2005, 09:07 PM

thanks, I'm simply following the pf 6 max chart on found on here right now, and it said hand 2 was a raise pf? is this wrong?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:18 PM

I saw that you were UTG and raised w/ A9o, I didn't notice it was 5-handed, so I guess it's okay then.

I also saw "(5 players)" and thought you had 4 opponents, but looking closer, it looks like the hand converter messed up, you only have 3 opponents it looks like. Betting A-high here is less bad, but since no one folded, I'm not putting another bet in the pot UI.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:54 PM

1. Against a passive, I would fold. Against a LAG who likes to make cute turn moves I would probably call down.

2. Preflop is okay if you can knock out CO and the button. Depends on the opponents though. I would fold preflop against any VPIP &gt; 50% sitting behind me. Flop: you have nothing against 3 opponents - I would check. The check down is fine - you're probably not scaring everyone off by showdown anyway.

3. I would raise the flop and either take a free turn card if Villain plays straighforward or bet the turn if he's weak. If he donks the turn after your flop raise, you can dump it.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:20 PM

Hand 1: I'd let it go there, too many things beat you.

Hand 2: I think checking the flop is best, though I can see me playing it like you did.

Hand 3: Raise the flop, depending on what CO did after that would determine my Turn action.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:31 PM

You're no weak tighty -- don't be so hard on yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1. I play it the same then fold to the raise.

2. You missed the flop, and there are too many opponents to bluff, so check-fold.

3. Raise that flop. Call a 3-bet and fold the turn if you don't hit an A or K.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:58 PM

Fold hand one, you are toast buddy.

Hand two, seems alright to me. Check the flop would be best.

Hand 3 sucks because I always do that and I hate having to do that. But they usually have some pair that they won't let go, so no sense in wasting bets trying to get them to fold.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're no weak tighty -- don't be so hard on yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1. I play it the same then fold to the raise.

2. You missed the flop, and there are too many opponents to bluff, so check-fold.

3. Raise that flop. Call a 3-bet and fold the turn if you don't hit an A or K.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2005, 11:24 PM

#1: I fold here
#2: This is fine
#3: I would have raised flop but since you didnt call here