Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2003, 05:25 PM

Default Figure this one out.

25-25 pot limit holdem 2000 min BI.

Have won a few decent size pots and have a little over $4000 in front. It is 4 handed with about 50 grand on the table.
I notice that the Dakotan is very aggressive with what ever he is holding.
I am first to act with PP 7 and raise the pot and am only called by the BB Dakotan.
Flop comes to my delight all lower than my 7's but board pairs 5's. Dakotan bets out max and I reraise max. Dakotan studies me and the board and calls. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Turn is a 9 and BB comes out blazing and bets max to put me all in. I sit back and ponder what has just happend and slide my stacks in. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Turn is a queen and BB tells me to take it, I show my 7's and the dealer counts down the stacks and that's it.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Figure this one out.

Well if he told you to take it, he was bluffing, right?
It was either a stupid bluff, because you had already commited so much, are a bluff that could've worked out well; maybe with call on the flop he was attempting to make it look like a slowplay so that you would fold the turn fearing trips?? [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Just guessin'...