Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 05:10 PM

Default line check x2

hand1:

specific reads: villan is very loose and passive, likes to play alot of hands.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 :#A500AF(villan)/ calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

I haven't been seeing too many preflop raises on this table so I figure with the poster and an almost guaranteed call from villan I thought this was worth a call. Too loose?

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, villan calls, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Standard? I think I have the best hand here.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, villan calls, UTG calls.

River: (9 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, villan calls, UTG calls.

I don't know if I like this river bet.

Final Pot: 12 BB

hand2:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB :#A500AF(villan)/ calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
villan checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">villan raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

My thinking is that villan either hit the flop pretty hard or is pumping his flush draw.

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">villan bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

I think a flush draw is more likely than hitting the flop, so now that I have a piece I figured I'd take a look at the river.

River: (12.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">villan bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Could this be a raise or fold situation? I feel villan might still be betting his busted flush draw but with the two callers behind me it's pretty likely at least one of them is holding on to a weak king.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Advice on all streets would be appreciated, thanks.
If you feel that I should have folded hand 1 PF please also critique the way I played the rest of the hand.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: line check x2

Hand 1: Fold Preflop. K7s is not even close to a call in UTG+1. Since you didn't the rest of the hand looks fine. I might check call the river.
Hand 2: Standard.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: line check x2

Hand 1: Preflop is a bit loose, yes, but not too bad. I would play A7s in this position so K7s can't be much of a mistake. Rest is played fine.

Hand 2: You should really be folding to the flop raise with just one overcard. Against 3 opponents someone often has a king and counting the ace as 1.5 outs you don't have odds to call. On the other hand SSH says you should avoid betting and folding on the same round so I might call here as well.

When we pick up the queen on the turn things get a bit messy. I don't think we have the best hand very often but we have 5 outs to 2-pair or better, which means we need 8-1 pot odds so I think a call could be justified here. The river is tough but I think you can fold there. I don't think villain will bet into 3 players with a busted flush draw very often.