Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2003, 05:00 PM

Default Thanks and Progress Update

I got recommendations here several weeks ago. Thanks for all I have learned so far. I've read and studied the Jones and Krieger books and read some Sladsky as well. Also have been reading lots of 2+2. I have played about 30 hours at Paradise for low stakes. First .5/1 where I won about 100 BB's, so I was just plain lucky. Now playing the best game I can get up to 3/6. with good results although I went through a 3 or 4 day period with some bad beats where I lost all my profits and over half of my buy in. With different limits I haven't figured the win as bets/hour, but I'm estimating it's a bet or so an hour. Also played a live 4/8 game in Washington State at the Mukleshoot while on vacation. I was nervous. Felt a little disoriented, even knocking a stack of chips over. They all knew I was a total rookie. The game was pretty soft with only one to two other good players and plenty of action when I played a pot. Played for three hours and won over $200. Hope to play at Bay 101 this weekend, maybe with the Holiday it will be looser than usual.

I'd post some hands but I can't remember all the details once the hand is over. I seem to be recognizing my mistakes and playing pretty well for a rookie. Thanks agan for the book recommendations. I bought four more advanced books too so should have reading material for some time.

The most baffling players to me are these passive guys who simply call me all the way to the river and then show me a monster.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Thanks and Progress Update

Nice job. I wouldn't concern myself with game selection in live low-limit games. With rare exceptions, these games are always very loose with very bad players.