Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 12:34 PM

Default 1/2 PL Full Table, trying to take a pot

I'm in the CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Two limpers including the guy directly to my right. Me and this guy both look pretty wild right now, we just went to showdown on a $150 pot when we both had AKo unimproved.

I should have raised here maybe but I had been raising alot and thought that doing that here would just get me in a big pot with a bunch of people. So I call the $2.

The Button and big blind come along so its 5 to the flop.

($11) Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Checks around to the button who bets $2. First guy folds and everybody else calls around to me. I thought about raising here to blow everybody off of it. With my image still looking a little wild, i thought that might look too much like what I was doing. So I just call the $2 here.

Turn ($19) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Not bad. Probably didn't help anybody. So when it gets checked around to me I bet $10. The Button, who was the same guy that made the $2 bet on the flop calls me and everybody else folds.

River ($29) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Not bad again. Now I gotta bet at this pot. I figured I must have looked something like A 10 right now, so I went for a bet of $14.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: 1/2 PL Full Table, trying to take a pot

Old 11-25-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: 1/2 PL Full Table, trying to take a pot

raise PF to isolate.

if you're going to bet 1/2 pot is suuuch a weak bet.

Take the cheap draw for the straight and muck unimproved. No need to get cute, drawing cheap is great.