Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 03:52 PM

Default 3 flopped flush lost to fullhouses. Did I play them badly ?

Yesterday I get 3 flopped flush all beat by full-house. Is it normal and should I fold when the board is paired ?
It is not at all a bad beat post, I only want to learn.
I slow played a little the first one, but not the others 2.

I want to know if I should really take care about theses fullhouses, or was it only bad luck ?

(For the story I was up at this session so it was ok for me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

First Hand

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (3 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($58.05)
Button ($8.75)
SB ($27.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Button calls $0.25, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.25</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $0.25.

Turn: ($1.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($1.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12.25</font>, Button calls $4.50 (All-In).

Final Pot: $22

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jc 3c (flush, ace high).
Button has 7d Ah (full house, sevens full of aces).
Outcome: Button wins $17.75. Hero wins $4.25. </font>

Second hand versus the same opponent

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($24.65)
Button ($3.40)
Hero ($52.95)
BB ($17.65)
UTG ($24)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $15</font>, Hero calls $10.50.

River: ($31.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $31.5</font>, BB calls $1.90 (All-In).

Final Pot: $64.90

Hero has 3s Js (flush, queen high).
BB has Qh 9c (full house, queens full of nines).
Outcome: BB wins $35.30. Hero wins $29.60. </font>

Last hand at the same table few hands later, but not vs the same opponent

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($6.45)
Hero ($25.45)
BB ($29.50)
UTG ($10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $2.25.

Turn: ($6.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $6.75 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $6.75.

River: ($20.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $20.25

UTG has 8s 8c (full house, eights full of nines).
Hero has 2h Kh (flush, king high).
Outcome: UTG wins $20.25. </font> Hand 1
Old 11-24-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: 3 flopped flush lost to fullhouses. Did I play them badly ?

Hand 1 - You have a J high flush and didn't wake up until the river. Raise the flop and bet pot on the turn. Any single A,K or Q is getting decent implied odds to stack you.

Hand 2 is tougher, though you have to let it go when he 4-bets you. He doesn't care about your flush.

Hand 3 you could have 3-bet the flop, but your play wasn't near as bad as hands 1&amp;2.

In summary, don't be afraid these hands. They are not the stone cold nuts and are vulnerable (not just to boats but bigger flushes).
Old 11-24-2005, 05:05 PM

I think its usually correct to bet a flopped non - nut flush as the chances of someone having the Ace are much higher if a fourth suit hits and its pretty hard to get away from.
[ QUOTE ]
should I fold when the board is paired

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe. The more important thing is you shouldn't raise a weakish flush on a paired board as much as you did because what will your oppnent call with?
Old 11-24-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - You have a J high flush and didn't wake up until the river. Raise the flop and bet pot on the turn. Any single A,K or Q is getting decent implied odds to stack you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am agree that this one is badly played , but at theses very small stakes it seems that on a "one color flop " everybody is scared, and my purpose with this slow play is to get a little money from low pair, better pair, 2 pair and set. I know I am threated by higher flush and fullhouse, but since this player was new at the table, it could have been a total donk with almost air, or 2 low pair etc. I was wrong, yes ... and that a bit why I bet the flop in the second hand

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 is tougher, though you have to let it go when he 4-bets you. He doesn't care about your flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the truth is I was smoking majijuana while playing ( to avoid to tilt too easily, LOL ) and my min-raise was simply a miss-clik. The problem is that this mistake could have induce a bluff, and I took it for that. Morover, like the donk I was, I couldn't believe that the guy had beat me again with almost the same scenario ...

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3 you could have 3-bet the flop, but your play wasn't near as bad as hands 1&amp;2.

[/ QUOTE ]
I prefered to call, expecting all-in at the turn. I still really like this line here.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at theses very small stakes it seems that on a "one color flop " everybody is scared

[/ QUOTE ]
I often find players are suspiscious on one colour flops. Villain doesnt look petrified in hand 3.
[ QUOTE ]
my purpose with this slow play is to get a little money from low pair, better pair, 2 pair <u>and set</u>

[/ QUOTE ]
A set is getting huge implied odds to take your stack and will be much more scared of a fourth suit than strength on the flop.
These hands have to be bet on the flop because there are so many cards you dont like. A fourth suit or a paired board is often 17 cards you really dont want to see, but your hand is a monster right now.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A fourth suit or a paired board is often 17 cards you really dont want to see

[/ QUOTE ]

After you said it ... it's ok. 17 is really scaring and you are right !