Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Presto

Party .5/1, 6 tabling sans any HUD so no reads.

PREFLOP: Hero has 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG.
Hero limps, 4 folds, <font color="red"> MP3 raises </font> , 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

FLOP: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players, 8 SBs)
Both blinds check, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , MP3 calls, both blinds fold.

TURN: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players, 4.5BBs)
<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, <font color="red"> MP3 raises </font>, Hero...
Old 11-23-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Presto

6 outs, laying 7:1, call, no? Will you call a river bet? You're not looking to hear 3-bet, are you? I can't make that move.

Also, why can't you get any reads just because you aren't using a HUD? I feel my reads are better without any HUDS!
Old 11-23-2005, 10:55 PM

With 6 quite clean outs, the turn is an easy call IMO. I mean, there's a chance he called QQ on the flop for some reason, but if he's semibluffing hearts he'll usually check behind the river and you'll win the hand.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:57 PM

Call. Pot odds are 7.5-1. You have 6 outs (gutshot plus set outs), so 6.7-1 immediate pot odds.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:00 PM

I'm new. The guys a "Pooh Bah". What's the *surprise* response the OP wants to read? Surely it isn't a simple pot odds calculation on the turn? Is it?

I just don't see doing anything else but calling on the turn here...especially without a REALLY strong read that he can only raise with QQ (like he showed you his cards strong).
Old 11-23-2005, 11:01 PM

*grunch*
I might pass on this hand under the gun unless the table is really loose (didn't you have a better hand to play on one of the other five tables???).
Probably check the flop too (even if you are ahead there's very few cards that don't hurt your small pair and you're drawing to a one gap bdsd (1 out)).
On the turn either villain has slow played you the whole time or he paired the queen. Even if he is bluffing he probably still has outs to beat your pair on the river. The pot is small - lay it down.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:02 PM

Why are we betting this turn?

EDIT to say: I'd only bet the flop if I'd seen the PFR raise with overcards.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:03 PM

Just noticed the 6 tabling comment. Sorry about the HUD/reads comment.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:08 PM

Housecalls is right IMO; I'd fold the preflop sans reads.

Kwazzie: I don't think we can check the turn behing the last aggressor on the flop with what looks like the best hand. IMO the flop bet is closer than the turn bet is.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably check the flop too (even if you are ahead there's very few cards that don't hurt your small pair and you're drawing to a one gap bdsd (1 out)).

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm not. I have an almost certainly 100% live gutshot.

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn either villain has slow played you the whole time or he paired the queen. Even if he is bluffing he probably still has outs to beat your pair on the river. The pot is small - lay it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is 7.5 BBs really small? I almost always have 6 outs here and I'm getting over 7:1. I'm surprised with the responses I'm getting since I associate this board with almost always advocating continuing with outs and playing aggressively.