Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Turbo Tournament Hold\'em: How useful is it?

I apologize if this is supposed to be posted in software forum, but I thought people who visit this forum might have a better idea.

Anyway, I feel that I have reached a stage where I can learn more only if I play more tournaments. I can see where I make mistakes after I make them and can analyze them, but I want to do some of that analysis on the fly. Without burning too much money on random MTTs, is it better to work with some simulation software?

If yes, what's your opinion on Wilson's Turbo Tournament Hold'em software? Are there any free/open-source alternatives? Any links to other simulation software would be great (I know about Poki)
Old 11-23-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Turbo Tournament Hold\'em: How useful is it?

I bought this program and would rate it as average. I've heard raves about their limit hold em software so I think that is their best product. The tournament software is OK. I have played probably 40 tourneys with at and set the competition to toughest level but it seems fairly easy to exploit the competition. It also doesn't have some of the features that I heard about for the limit program like running simulations with certain starting hands. If you are relatively experienced, you probably won't get a lot out of the program. For an average player or someone that is getting started in tourneys, its probably worthwhile.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Turbo Tournament Hold\'em: How useful is it?

Maybe the problem is they don't have bots that play tournaments decently.