Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 08:55 PM

Default A re-raise with AK re-raised, easy call with the pot odds right?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($70.10)
Hero ($196)
UTG ($118)
MP ($219.05)
Button ($207.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, SB (poster) calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $13</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $35</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $20.

Flop: ($74) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $70</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $144
Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: A re-raise with AK re-raised, easy call with the pot odds right?

any reason youre reraising with AKo out of position in the first place?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:05 PM

I agree, you shouldn't reraise with AK oopunless the guy is super aggro in which case you should reraise him all in anyway.

As he's reraised oop fold everytime, he takes the pot away with QQ-88 for example when it comes like it did this time and you get yourself in trouble when an A or a K flops as he'll either be beating you or isn't putting any more money in the pot.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($70.10)
Hero ($196)
UTG ($118)
MP ($219.05)
Button ($207.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, SB (poster) calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $13</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $35</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $20.

Flop: ($74) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $70</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $144

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy fold pre-flop. He re-raised your re-raise by 3x!!!!!

Don't even get involved unless you know he's a [censored] and will re-reraise with K Q suited... Even then, ???POT ODDSS?????

You put in $13, he re-raised to $35, so you have to put in $22 more... that's $35 for a $70 pot... 2 to 1 pot odds... The cards you're likely to be against are 10-10, JJ, QQ,KK,AA, AK... out of those you have advantages vs. none of them. The best chance you have is vs. 10-10, but even then i think you're a 7 to 3 dog. Def. not worth the 2 to 1 in the pot... not worth it...

Man, you could lose so much less money if you just folded pre-flop... If you won, than the win wasn't really worth it when comopared to the risk...
Old 11-22-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any reason youre reraising with AKo out of position in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus you're out of position!!

Again... ???Pot odds??? you can't use pot odds in this example to justify your call pre-flop...

You did good to fold on the flop... But you also could've lost even LESS money had you folded pre-flop....
Old 11-22-2005, 09:32 PM

lol you'll need probably 20:1 in pot odds assuming you don't make any mistakes standard rereraising hands are AA and KK against AA you win 7% of the time and KK about 30%. The problem is that if the flop comes ace high you aren't winning anything from KK and you're losing your stack to AA. If the flop comes king high you're getting stacked 100% of the time without a read.

You're hoping for a KKx, AAx or an QJT flop or three to the suit of your ace to continue with this hand so I suggest only calling this 20$ reraise with a $2000 dollars back against a player who will not fold aces no matter what comes on the board.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:52 PM

I think re-raising with AK OOP is fine and I do this with a lot worse hands as long as I know my opponents are not complete retards. However after he re-pops you you're done with the hand.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think re-raising with AK OOP is fine and I do this with a lot worse hands as long as I know my opponents are not complete retards. However after he re-pops you you're done with the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a mistake IMHO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 10:02 PM

This is an easy fold preflop.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:07 PM

Why is that? My experience is that for most people 3-betting pre-flop screams AA/KK and once you actually get one of the two it's very hard to get action against your regular loose-passive opponent. Think about Shania.