Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 06:30 PM

Default big flop semibluff

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($81.30)
SB ($15.20)
BB ($43.75)
Hero ($49.25)
MP ($52.80)
CO ($50.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, Button calls $2, SB calls $1.75, 1 fold.

Flop: ($6.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $4, Button calls $4, SB raises to $13.2, Hero raises to $47.25...

does anybody like this? or is it just spewing? my only note on SB says he likes to play any ace.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: big flop semibluff

Ewwww. Someone's been reading too much Supersystem [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The SB just checkraised two people, he's probably ahead and you obviously have no folding equity since he's all in. Just say to yourself "I fvcking hate short stacks!" and fold.

Edit: Being the compulsive gambler that I am, I will frequently call here just because I like gambling with short stacks. It's very entertaining, I love the feeling of busting them and I enjoy the usual verbal tirade that they go on afterwards. But it's probably -EV financially, so take this with a grain of salt.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:34 PM

I like it IF you also had the flush draw. Against 2 other players I'm not a fan.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:40 PM

well i think i'm getting the right price from the SB if i just call his bet and button folds. but with button to act after me..i tried to push him out. and if he calls i still have outs. i think he folds a good % of the time here.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:21 PM

Why would hero ever fold here getting at least 28:13 with at least 8 outs twice. Button may come along closing the action too.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:28 PM

No, keep the pot small here. When there is strength shown on the flop like this you are not getting people off their hands. I'd just call and see what comes on the turn.

Ed S.