Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Home Game Tournament... Help Needed

Tonight I will be playing a home tournament with some friends of mine. This guy runs a decent game, but it is basically a turbo tournament. You start with a small amount of chips and the blinds go up pretty fast.

I'm generally a tight/aggressive player. I haven't had any success whatsoever playing tourneys of this structure. Any advice on how I should approach this game?
Old 11-18-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Home Game Tournament... Help Needed

Pick a good hand before you're too low on chips for it to matter and go all the way with it. Play good hands more aggressively and you need to start playing mediocre hands in position.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Home Game Tournament... Help Needed

just have fun and play pretty standard poker works best for me in home games,advanced play for people that have no idea what you're doing doesn't do much,but it depends on the level of players you're playing,i'm guessing you'll be able to figure that out.
it's almost as hard to beat a full table of fish as it is to win a multi table tourney,so don't get to flustered if one of the worst players gets lucky!