Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Did I let this LAG off easy?

100 NL @ pokerroom... decent game, three LAGs, the one I was facing in this hand was a bit cagey, I wasn't keeping stats on him but he was putting in pfrs in prolly 75% of the pots he entered, both in and out of position...

Villian is UTG ($180) raises to $4...

wide range here.. a bit tighter as he is UTG, but 76s or similar, 22-TT, Ax, probable hands

I am in MP+1 ($90) with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] raises to $8

I can smooth call and hope to trap, but given my poor postition and the presence of an additonal LAG behind me I decide to re-raise to isolate (nobodys gonna call $8 cold without a monster) and pray he has QQ or AK and pushes back a bit... if so I repop for my remaining cash

my general inclination for this hand is to try and induce betting on his part so I am going to check any flop (provided he doesn't lead out) to feign weakness and hope he tries to push me off on the turn

folds to Villian who calls $4

<font color="red"> Pot: $17.50 </font>

Flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG checks??, I check...

Well, I have no idea of villains holding, but he probably missed that flop, given that he likes to bet flops... I hope my check induces a bet for value on the turn if he has something like 66-TT...

Turn is a brick, 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]...

UTG checks... damn, well I decide just to fire a delayed CBet right here in case he's got anything and make bet of $10... UTG contemplates for a while and folds...

Overall, I'm not happy with the hand, even moreso, I had been projecting a pretty tight table image, so I think he sensed a trap...

Anything you fellas suggest?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Did I let this LAG off easy?

Raise to $12 preflop. I sometimes minraise to isolate, but KK is too strong for that. And then bet 2/3 pot on the flop.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Did I let this LAG off easy?

Ok, a 3/4 bet on this flop will scare him less then your check. If i was playing against you, esp with your tight table image, and you min-raise my UTG raise, im thinking AA/KK right away. Your flop check only gives away the strength of the hand i think and you missed a bet here i believe. Some lags will come over top of your bet here putting you on something like AK/AQ, but checking is very suspicious. Next time lead.