Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:07 AM

Default 1/2 nl live top 2

stacks:

hero ~300$
villain ~200$ ... read: 2nd orbit, limps a lot hasn't really seen a showdown, hasn't really showed aggression

10 handed
preflop hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG and limps for 2 dollars.
villain is LP and limps, button limps, sb folds bb checks

flop (6$ after rake):

A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

hero checks, villain checks, button bets 5$ (standard feeler bet at this table), bb folds, hero makes it 20$, villain calls, button calls.

turn (65$ after rake):
[A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

hero bets 40$, villain min raises to 80$, button folds, hero? (pot 185$ b4 hero calls 40$...)

thoughts:

if hero calls, any diamond could be good, and 4 cards to make a boat. if hero pushes, it will avoid an all in decision if i have to check the river on a brick. also, if the river is a diamond, villain might not put it in.

so at the time, if villain has the flush, 4 boat outs + 13 - 6 outs for the flush = 11 outs with 1 card to come...
Old 11-16-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: 1/2 nl live top 2

A raise PF makes this hand much easier to play.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd never do that UTG. not with AQo.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:38 AM

I'm a 6maxer, so I might be missing something, but the starting chart here indicates I'm at least not crazy and some people agree with me. My thinking is raising AQ potentially eliminates junk suited hands that give you trouble.

FWIW, I probly call turn raise, he'll have about $100 behind in a $220 pot, betting $80-$100 on any improving card, checking any blank and leaning slightly towards folding to a push from this heretofore unaggressive opponent.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:47 AM

I would say villain most certainly has a flush. The problem with calling this is that you may be drawing to a losing flush, even when the card you want hits.

So you're getting 4.5:1 and you have 11ish outs (7 diamonds assuming he already has two, and your boat outs). Certainly better than 4.5:1, but its close. Given that you may be drawing to a losing flush and then getting stacked some of the time, I fold this.

edit: another thing to consider is when you make your flush that is beating his, it kills your action. When you make your flush that is losing to his, you give him your stack.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Debatable. If anyone calls you you're probably going to be OOP w/ AQo, which is not a good spot to be in.

To OP, I bet out the flop.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Debatable. If anyone calls you you're probably going to be OOP w/ AQo, which is not a good spot to be in.

To OP, I bet out the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my thinking exactly. if i was MP i have no prob bumping this to 15$.

I ended up pushing, he called and 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hit. he had 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], so my 11 outs were good, but ashame nothing hit.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:22 PM

Why push? You have little to no FE, and, more importantly, you're pricing yourself out of the draw.

I suppose it is so you don't lose action on the river, but now you're decreasing your pot odds significantly, making the draw even more marginal.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why push? You have little to no FE, and, more importantly, you're pricing yourself out of the draw.

I suppose it is so you don't lose action on the river, but now you're decreasing your pot odds significantly, making the draw even more marginal.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i call it leaves him ~70$ behind with a >200$ pot. would u fold to his push?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if i call it leaves him ~70$ behind with a >200$ pot. would u fold to his push?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the river if a brick hits, yes - I think he has the flush >75% of the time. Another benefit of this is when you hit your flush on the river, he may be more inclined to call because he is "priced in" already. Additionally, he may check behind on the river if his turn minraise was a semi-bluff.