Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2003, 10:10 AM

Default Get your money in where you are a ...........favorite???

One table $5 S&G NLHE on Stars. I've been lucky enough to double up early in the tournament and have been protecting a chip lead for a small while. I've been playing somewhat tight, but using my stack when the time is right. Then, this hand comes up.

Blinds are 25/50, I've got T2800 and find myself UTG with 33. I know this isn't a great limping hand from UTG, so flame away, but I've been playing a little looser since I have a nice stack to fall back on. If I don't hit my set, I'm mucking the 3s and will muck PF to any sizeable raise.

Folded around to the BB, who checks. Flop comes 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] . WHOHOOOOO!!!

BB (T1400) bets 600 into me. Thinking he's got top pair or an over pair, with a possible flush draw, I decide to put him all-in. (this was my thinking at the time, but seems a bit sketchy now).

BB turns over 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] for the flush draw and straight draw. A 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] arrives via the River and he gets both the straight and the flush (and almost the straight flush).

When the hand ended, I chalked it up to bad luck, consoling myself for getting my money in when I had the best of it. Proceed to 2dimes to verify, and found out that he was actually the favorite to win that hand. HA!!! Just shows I've got a lot to learn.

Feel free to FLAME, but don't spend all your ammo, cause I've got a real flamer coming.....