Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2003, 11:23 PM

Default UB catching up?

Immediately after the WPT aired tonight UB had 3500 players on. Thats the most I've seen in a long time. Can UB catch Party? I think their commercials tonight helped alot. With a new ad campaign can UB take advantage of Party's recent support/software problems? It may be too little too late. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

arod [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2003, 01:49 AM

Default Re: UB catching up?

Right now traffic is:

paradise 2400
ultimatebet 2600

Maybe the other sites should buy paradise just for their software, because the people involved are a little blind IMO.

4 months ago after I was quite p issed at Paradise because of the way they handled something and I sent them an e-mail saying I was really upset and likely would be starting to play elsewhere alot more.

I didn't even get a response ( after playing there many many hrs ), so I'm quite happy to see the competition kicking some but.

FYI I hardly play at paradise anymore ( less than 10% of playing time )

Instinct
Old 06-26-2003, 12:00 PM

They have no deposit bonus that I can see. All things equal where would you go? The site that says we have the loosest games and we'll pay you $75 to find out or the site that gives you nothing?
Old 06-26-2003, 01:36 PM

didn't even get a response ( after playing there many many hrs ),

This is the best evidence yet that paradise is losing
it's market share fast.
A year ago, you would have received a swift email
informing you your account is closed.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:24 PM

Paradise was the first site i played on, but when i went to a game suddenly it filled up, there was a list, then i realised maybe they had players going to a table that needed costomers, table hopping, after loosing moved on, and fell in love with Poker Stars, but lost far too much, thats when i tried the other sites out. now never ever would go back to paradise. <font color="black"> </font color>
Old 06-27-2003, 12:44 AM

UB fan here.
I play there everyday, and believe that compared to Paradise the only thing Paradise has that is better, is lots of tables to choose from.

UB customer support is very good. I have always received prompt replies, and have complained repeatedly about certain problems, and if I felt I was being ignored or not taken serious, asked to have my email forwarded to upper management. I have always received a response, including one from Annie Duke. Can you get that at Paradise poker? From what I have heard if you complain too loud, you might get booted off Paradise for good.

It had been a long time, over 6 months since I last played Paradise. I sent them an email, and they gave me a 15% deposit bonus. You have to request this. I only had to deposit my money and play 1 hand, and send them a follow-up email. I did appreciate this.

Old 06-27-2003, 12:57 AM

Contact their support. I've heard they will offer a first time bonus for new accounts if you ask. They just don't advertise it I guess. When I opened an account there a few months ago I received a 20% bonus.

Good Luck.

Instinct
Old 06-27-2003, 02:40 AM

After the WPT, I went and play some 2/4 at UB and I was suprise to see the game were so good. The average pot for this game was $75 at one point. After awhile, I thought yes, it must have been the commercial that brought these new players, fish and maniacs to UB tonight.