Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Dustin Dirksen

Anybody know this guy? I've been observing the big tables at full tilt, and Dirksen seems to regularly mop up there. I'm pretty amazed at his ability. I've seen him pull in 50k a night on a pretty regular basis in the 100/200 and 200/400 tables.

Apparently he is a law student (at a university that I will keep to myself to respect his privacy). Seems like the incarnation of Mike What's-his-name in Rounders.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Dustin Dirksen

i've seen this guy too on full tilt.
stevesbets started to talk smack to him, saying he is an idiot/chump, and then he got his chat banned by full tilt.
he's always seen playing the high stakes NL games.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:32 AM

I watched him the other day, he took down the largest pot I've seen on Full Tilt(off of David Grey no less).
Old 11-16-2005, 01:32 PM

I have seen him a lot on FT and he does pretty well but I haven't seen Prahlad Friedman (spirt rock) lately when he used to play Ivey heads up. That guy is the best online player I have ever seen. He goes under the name Mahatma and Arbitrary at Ub where he usually plays. Dustin is no match for Prahlad.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:17 AM

Here's a shot of Dirksen making a killing on full-tilt. The spirit rock on there is not Friedman, I don't think. But Mike Matusow was playing against him a littler earlier. Mike left the table with about 1k profit.

Well, I was gonna post a screen shot but it looks like I can't. Anyway, Dirksen was over 100k (the cap buyin is 10,000).
Old 11-17-2005, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a shot of Dirksen making a killing on full-tilt. The spirit rock on there is not Friedman, I don't think. But Mike Matusow was playing against him a littler earlier. Mike left the table with about 1k profit.

Well, I was gonna post a screen shot but it looks like I can't. Anyway, Dirksen was over 100k (the cap buyin is 10,000).

[/ QUOTE ]

he's at 135k at the moment....3 handed (vs MM & gamble4you)
Old 11-17-2005, 02:11 PM

Well i didnt look at your date on the post but last night i watched him clean out Dagistino and Krisqueen. I also watched him clean out David grey the other day too. He is good he made Dags look like a chump i actually felt bad for Dags he tilted out and was calling like a fish.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:26 AM

he has his bad days too, within the past week, over a 2day stretch he dropped 100k. He deposited 600 a month ago and immediately got 2nd in a huge tournament (35k payday or so) and immediately started cleaning up. He posts on 2+2 also, but rarely.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:36 PM

You are dead wrong, Friedman is "Spirit Rock" and if wanna make a bet, let me know. I did see that night when Dustin was at $117k, he took $60k from Dag's and about $20k from Krisqueen, Dustin said he was in for $40k.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:29 PM

Ivey and Dirksen are playing 50/100 NL right now on FT. They have have $10k in front.