Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Uncle Larry

Villian is extremely aggro and tricky 35/25/2.5. I have been on a rush, showing down huge hands.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.33 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font> ...
Final Pot: 7.33 BB

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Uncle Larry

I like betting this turn. That said, if you put BB on a hand that would make it incorrect to bet the turn, then bluff raising the river can't be right.

Basically, if your bluff worked on the river you had enough fold equity on the turn for a bet there. The river duece certainly did not add to your bluff equity.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:25 PM

what are you representing?

why did you check the turn?

given what you put him on when you checked the turn, why did you raise the river?

Barron
Old 11-13-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

given what you put him on when you checked the turn, why did you raise the river?

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

A good hand.

Because I got my free card.

Because I might still have the best and and believe he is taking a shot at the river. I believe he will find it very difficult to call this river. I put him on nothing at all then I checked the turn. I think he has ace high at best.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:41 PM

I'm confident that I bluff raise way less than game theory would suggest is correct. No one notices, and they keep calling me down with unbelievable crap, hands where I honestly think to myself, self, I'm disappointed to lose this pot, but thank god they call raises with that, because I'm going to have a better hand virtually every time.

In other words, you win sometimes, but not often enough to justify the small 3:1 odds you are receiving.

On the other hand, I see that the final pot is 7.33 BB, so obviously he doesn't call this time. Good job. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-eric
Old 11-13-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like betting this turn. That said, if you put BB on a hand that would make it incorrect to bet the turn, then bluff raising the river can't be right.

Basically, if your bluff worked on the river you had enough fold equity on the turn for a bet there. The river duece certainly did not add to your bluff equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Your turn check suggests to him that you have a draw, so if he's anything like most players, he'll call your raise with silly weak hands. Better to spend those two bets one at a time by betting the turn. Then JJ-AA, sets, top pair etc all look like reasonable holdings for you.

-eric
Old 11-13-2005, 08:44 PM

if he folded here, he folded a worse hand.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:47 PM

Your river raise isn't representing anything besides a bluff. I'd bet the turn here.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:53 PM

Must .... bet ..... turn !
Old 11-13-2005, 09:03 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I see a pattern in these hand posts of odd turn calls or check behinds and river raises that aren't really representing anything. This is an easy turn bet, imo. What more does one need other than a double gutter, 2nd nut flush with 2 overcard draw to bet this turn?

b