Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 02:01 AM

Default TP with flush draw

Really got my ass handed to me today, so time to post some hands to see if I'm making decent decisions or not..

2/4 6max, 6 handed.
Villain is 40/7/.6 after 120 hands.

I'm in the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain calls in UTG+1.
Button calls, SB completes, I check.

4 to the flop (4 SB)

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
chk, I bet Villain raises, folded to me and I call.

Turn: (4BB)
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, he bets, I raise...standard?
Old 11-13-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: TP with flush draw

I'd 3-bet the flop. This guy is passive which means he's looking for a reason to check. Having the turn checked though in this spot is really bad. Plus you have a few good backdoor draws to go along with you decent kicker. 120 hands isn't really enough to establish any good idea what his AF is so he could be popping the flop hoping for a free card.

I think we have to consider a PFR here too.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:43 AM

Looks bad against a villain that seems to have you beat given his aggression and there's no way he knows how to fold a decent hand.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:13 AM

I usually 3bet the flop here, sometimes agianst guys with those stats I'll just call down UI.

Pf I'm usually raising here too.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks bad against a villain that seems to have you beat given his aggression and there's no way he knows how to fold a decent hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
This statement perfectly sums up this hand. Just becuz you turned a flush draw doesnt mean you should autmatically checkraise or even bet out in this heads up situation. You had top pair bad kicker on the flop and were raised by a really passive player which says youre probably behind. On the turn youre still behind, but the only difference is you have more outs to catch up. In this situation there is no point in showing any type of aggression unless you think your opponent is capable of laying down a better hand than you, I believe this opponent will never fold a better hand than you, therefore checking and calling the turn is the correct line of action IMO
Old 11-13-2005, 06:00 AM

40 vpip/.6 isn't that passive remember. I think you should either 3bet the flop or donkbet the turn. Him checking behind on the turn is bad for you. The way you played it allowed him to play very well on the turn. Most of the time he bets you're beat and most of the time he checks he's beat and just got a free card. Then you got all spewy with the checkraise. What did you hope fo accomplish there?
Old 11-13-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
40 vpip/.6 isn't that passive remember

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is. A player with those stats won't raise with less than 2pair.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes it is. A player with those stats won't raise with less than 2pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Which says fold to villains flop raise. Small pot, OOP, raised by a passive player who's most likely hands are Kx where x is also on the board. However, I'm getting 7:1 on the call, and probably have at least 3 outs on average with the backdoor draws and the times he has K5 or has me outkicked. I think the flop call is very close.
Calling down or getting aggressive when a LP type starts raising doesn't seem like a very +EV strategy. Check-Raising the turn here sucks even more by that logic, even with the redraw that turn card gave me.