Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2003, 07:49 AM

Default Interesting Hand

6/12 Canterbury

I raise UTG with A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] folded around to the button who calls, blinds call.

Flop A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]
Checked to me I bet, button calls, small blind folds, big blind now CHECK-RAISES, I 3-bet, button folds, Big Blind 4-bets, I call.

Turn (AK2)7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
Big Blind now checks again, I bet, big blind check-raises again. I just call, hoping he does it again.

River (AK27)2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
Big Blind checks. I bet, big blind makes the trifecta check-raise. Now I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I 5-bet, he 6-bets, I make it 7-bets and he just calls.

How did I do? What did the big blind have?
Old 06-23-2003, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Interesting Hand

I would say 2's except that he stopped after 7 bets on the river, so I asume he must have had KK or was a complete maniac.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:46 AM

Hi Jason

Hmmm. 22 seems unlikely, since it's the mortal nuts in this situation and he stopped after 7 bets. Depending on if he was any good or not, he might've re-raised preflop with KK. I'll say 77.

Incidentally, at what point would you have thought that he had 22? How many bets were you going to make it?

Old 06-23-2003, 08:46 AM

Without knowing anything about how the BB plays, I would put him on K2 or possibly A2, with you winning the pot with the larger boat.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:48 AM

Wanted to supplement my answer. Seeing as the BB called your pre-flop raise, I'm more inclined to believe he had A2s.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:53 AM

If he has 77, he really is a maniac. He is out of position against an UTG pre-flop raiser, an ace and a king come on the flop and he's four-betting? I've got to believe he has at least two-pair after the flop. If he's this aggressive with a medium pocket pair, how does he play when he has a solid hand? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 10:04 AM

Not really sure how you figure he has 77. At no point did I ever think he had 22, mostly because every single time he had the absolute nuts, he was shaking like a leaf. I was prepared to go several more bets with him, not sure at what point I would have stopped.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:11 AM

Default Results

I figured that if the big blind had 22 he would have waited until the turn to raise, so I put him on AK. On the river after he goes 4-bets, I figured he had A2s and I was correct. He said he put me on AK!?
Old 06-23-2003, 01:48 PM

whoops...misread the flop. thought it was AK7, not AK2.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:22 PM

Looks like you did very well. This has all the makings of set over set, and you tagged your opponent for a boatload of cash. He can't have 22, the only hand that beats you, since you put in the last raise on the river. I wonder... how many more bets were you going to put in before giving him credit for this hand?

Now, as to what he has exactly... if he has KK, he slowplayed preflop when he could have tagged everybody for another bet... possible. If he has 77, he sure attacked a scary flop... doesn't seem likely. In fact, until he just calls on the river, 22 looks like a pretty reasonable guess. I suppose there is a chance he's got A2.

In fact... that's exactly what he has. A2 of hearts. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]