Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Moving to 1/2, AK and some other things

Well first off, I will tell a little bit of my background of my poker playing history. If you dont want to to read this just skip down to my question. I started playing about two years ago and played the .10/.25 NL tables for about a week and thats all it took for my bankroll to diminish. So I decided to give it another shot but this time with limit. So I made a few bucks, lost a few but overall I was up about 1.2BB/100 over 10k hands. Thats when I found 2+2 and started purchasing poker books. I knew there was some major leaks in my game so I sought to find them and remove them. So I did and increased my BB/100 to about 2/100 then I got the great idea of moving up to 1/2 and immdiately dropped 50BB so I dropped back down to .50/1 and started adding some $6 SNGs into the mix. I was doing much better at the SNGS so I stuck with them for awhile and eventually moved to the 10s where I had a huge hot streak and increased my bankroll from 200 to 500 in about 4 days 2-tabling. Then I hung around 500 for about 2 weeks then ran very very cold and dropped back down to 300. I didn't know what made me switch to NL and PL .10/25 again but I did and made a few bucks and thought I was the greatest player ever until I lost about 100BB then proceeded to tilt away another 200BB before I quit. I let a little time go away to get over this and then switched back to .50/1 limit to where I am at now and have also read SSHE twice and am currently on my 3rd read of it. I think limit is where I will stay and is where I do my best. Currently I am at 3.41BB/100 over 27k hands exclusively at only Party .50/1. Now to the first question should I move up to 1/2 and dip my feet in it for a little or continue staying at .50/1 where I feel very comfortable. Also I have noticed that there arent many 1/2 full ring games going on that often but I do see some 9-max. Is there any difference and should I change my play? Finally the last question is about AK. This must be a major leak in my game as I am NEGATIVE .02 BB/100 over 110 hands. Here is how it usually goes. Raise PF bet raggedy flop get a caller check turn and he checks behind, he bets turn and I fold Ace-high. Should I be betting the turn here or just check like I usually do? Now I dont ALWAYS continuation bet with it when I miss but I would say that I do around 80-85% of the time and the opponents fold somewhere around 15-20% of the time. Am I just running cold with it or am I playing it wrong? I haven't even paired with it for over 15 hands straight according to PT so maybe thats one reason why. Anyway sorry for this rambling as I am trying to get this done in a hurry before I have to run out for a little. Thanks for all the help.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Moving to 1/2, AK and some other things

[ QUOTE ]
If you dont want to to read this just skip down to my question.

[/ QUOTE ]
can you make it easier to find in there?

edit: don't worry about your AK over 110 hands. it will get better. and yeah, move up.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:56 PM

Move up according to your own risk aversion and if your bankroll is sufficient. If you don't feel comfortable, then wait it out a bit.

Even if you have enough of a roll, you probably still have plenty to learn at the level you're playing at...not to say that you should stay there or anything.

With that said, even if you're roll isn't big enough to play full time, taking shots occasionally is fine. That way you can start to get used to playing at higher stakes. But ultimately, the decision is yours and yours alone.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:19 PM

It's probably time. If you're feeling nervous, try some 1/2 mixed with 0.5/1. You can always move back down.

Everyone struggles with unimproved overcards. Do some searches and check for other threads on these. Try replying to some hands that have unimproved overcards as well.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:36 PM

Party's 1/2 is just as easy as the .50/1.00. Once you forget that you're nervous about playing .50/1.00, you'll be fine. Just focus on playing a good game and you'll soon forget about the increased stakes.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:50 PM

If your doing fine at .5/1, then you'll probably do fine at 1/2.

As for the AK, this is where getting a feel for your opponents starts to come in. Try to pay attention and see who are the players that will only call with a pair or better vs the ones that will take flop card no matter what. You should betting for value against lots of people who call down with their missed J8 and their missed K7.

Just keep in mind that AK isn't just a drawing hand. Against one opponent it is usually best even after missing a flop and just because someone calls a flop bet isn't always an indication that you are beat.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well first off, I will tell a little bit of my background of my poker playing history. If you dont want to to read this just skip down to my question. I started playing about two years ago and played the .10/.25 NL tables for about a week and thats all it took for my bankroll to diminish. So I decided to give it another shot but this time with limit. So I made a few bucks, lost a few but overall I was up about 1.2BB/100 over 10k hands. Thats when I found 2+2 and started purchasing poker books. I knew there was some major leaks in my game so I sought to find them and remove them. So I did and increased my BB/100 to about 2/100 then I got the great idea of moving up to 1/2 and immdiately dropped 50BB so I dropped back down to .50/1 and started adding some $6 SNGs into the mix. I was doing much better at the SNGS so I stuck with them for awhile and eventually moved to the 10s where I had a huge hot streak and increased my bankroll from 200 to 500 in about 4 days 2-tabling. Then I hung around 500 for about 2 weeks then ran very very cold and dropped back down to 300. I didn't know what made me switch to NL and PL .10/25 again but I did and made a few bucks and thought I was the greatest player ever until I lost about 100BB then proceeded to tilt away another 200BB before I quit. I let a little time go away to get over this and then switched back to .50/1 limit to where I am at now and have also read SSHE twice and am currently on my 3rd read of it. I think limit is where I will stay and is where I do my best. Currently I am at 3.41BB/100 over 27k hands exclusively at only Party .50/1. Now to the first question should I move up to 1/2 and dip my feet in it for a little or continue staying at .50/1 where I feel very comfortable. Also I have noticed that there arent many 1/2 full ring games going on that often but I do see some 9-max. Is there any difference and should I change my play? Finally the last question is about AK. This must be a major leak in my game as I am NEGATIVE .02 BB/100 over 110 hands. Here is how it usually goes. Raise PF bet raggedy flop get a caller check turn and he checks behind, he bets turn and I fold Ace-high. Should I be betting the turn here or just check like I usually do? Now I dont ALWAYS continuation bet with it when I miss but I would say that I do around 80-85% of the time and the opponents fold somewhere around 15-20% of the time. Am I just running cold with it or am I playing it wrong? I haven't even paired with it for over 15 hands straight according to PT so maybe thats one reason why. Anyway sorry for this rambling as I am trying to get this done in a hurry before I have to run out for a little. Thanks for all the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Purchase a tab key before posting anymore, please. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Or re-take 3rd grade English. Hell, you're on your third read of SSHE, please, PLEASE re-read your 3rd grade English book.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Purchase a tab key before posting anymore, please. Or re-take 3rd grade English. Hell, you're on your third read of SSHE, please, PLEASE re-read your 3rd grade English book.

[/ QUOTE ]

What an informative reply. Was this even necessary to post? Seriously if you are going to come on here and flame about stupid things then just don't post. This is one of the main reasons why I don't post much. Nine out of Ten posts on here are posters that all they can do is bash the OP or say "use search function". First of all I am pretty sure we all know the search function is there and second of all its incredibly difficult to use. I'm really getting sick of it. If you aren't going to say anything useful and answer my questions then its pretty easy: DONT RESPOND. Pathetic. I see people post and misspell words every other sentence and you flame me for not using the tab key?
Old 11-12-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Purchase a tab key before posting anymore, please. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Or re-take 3rd grade English. Hell, you're on your third read of SSHE, please, PLEASE re-read your 3rd grade English book.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have some real issues, K. If you don't want to read the OP because it has no paragraphs, then don't. This kind of crap has no place here.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is yr problem n00b?