Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 07:56 PM

Default T9s

Villain is TAG. 13/8 over ~70 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 11-11-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: T9s

nh
Old 11-11-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nh

[/ QUOTE ]

thats deep.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:04 PM

I don't like the flop play.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I acutally kinda do. This guy is tight enough to fold to a continuation bet on the turn if he calls the flop CR UI and we will force the best hand to fold. He could also be three betting PF with a PP that is lower then the J, and we can also get him to fold here. I think that its worth the possible shot to make him fold a better hand, if we don't, we still have outs
Old 11-11-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nh

[/ QUOTE ]

thats deep.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you want me to say? There are a number of ways to play a draw, but in the end it's about extracting the most money out of your opponent as possible? He could of lead the flop, but with an aggressive TAG a check/raise is a good move. Since he didn't hit the turn I like the check/call. The only questionalbe move is the river, but if you have a good read then the check/raise is fine. I probably would have bet, but most likely he would have folded to my bet. Hero extracted an extra BB. As I said, nh.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you want me to say? There are a number of ways to play a draw, but in the end it's about extracting the most money out of your opponent as possible? He could of lead the flop, but with an aggressive TAG a check/raise is a good move. Since he didn't hit the turn I like the check/call. The only questionalbe move is the river, but if you have a good read then the check/raise is fine. I probably would have bet, but most likely he would have folded to my bet. Hero extracted an extra BB. As I said, nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're being results oriented. It would help me greatly to analyze the advantages of different lines.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:12 PM

okay, I want to concentrate on the river play here. We got three bet on the flop, so there are few hands that will do that. AKspades, any higher PP, and AJ(this hand seems unlikely considering the villian is at a 13 VPIP, so I doubt a three bet PF from him)

if we are to bet/three bet, he has to have a hand that can withstand both the ace that fell and the spade, basically, he has to either have a set or AJ

to do what we did, he will bet with any strong PP and if he did three bet PF with KJ, that too. So we allow him to bet and we can then do the sexy. The sexy also shuts down the hand a bit too. We don't open ourselves to a cap by doing the bet/three bet line, and if we get capped doing bet/three bet, we are probably beat by a higher flush I think, cause what 13 VPIP TAG caps that river w/o the nut flush
Old 11-11-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I acutally kinda do. This guy is tight enough to fold to a continuation bet on the turn if he calls the flop CR UI and we will force the best hand to fold. He could also be three betting PF with a PP that is lower then the J, and we can also get him to fold here. I think that its worth the possible shot to make him fold a better hand, if we don't, we still have outs

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're folding the vast majority of 3-betting hands to a flop c/r turn bet on a J-high board.

Rob
Old 11-11-2005, 08:20 PM

The flop play is not good.