Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2003, 01:31 PM

Default pro poker

Can anybody tell me what they think about pro poker? I was thinking of creating an account there because they have a pretty good sign up bonus. How is the software? Are the games generally hard or easy? What do you think of the site over all?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-22-2003, 02:31 PM

Default Re: pro poker

Stay away from that site. Very far away.

MS Sunshine
Old 06-22-2003, 02:42 PM

Good site to play at. 3-6 games are decent. The 5-10 and 10-20 games are very juicy. Easy money to pick, all the pros avoiding the site. Somehow they can't beat wild reckless games. Very good promotions every other month. Very nice support. Lots of stupid asiens there that can't play at all. Good Luck
Old 06-22-2003, 02:44 PM

every single player whose opinion i respect thinks this is the site that brings together every unsavoury element of what can happen in an unregulated industry

if you search here or at rgp you will find dozens and dozens of posts questioning the integrity of the site, and i can't remember a single post, by anyone who has posted on any other topic, supporting the site in any way

if you are the type of guy who has to see for himself then please at least only buy in for the minimum amount - then come back and tell us how you did

better would be just to download the software and watch the highest game for fifteen minutes - that should tell you most of what you want to know

Old 06-22-2003, 11:22 PM

The general concensus is that the site is crooked. You did a good thing by asking about the site before you bought in (I hope you did anyway) - I wish I had done the same.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:43 AM

Be sure to read some of Loosemoron's other posts if you're thinking of taking his advice.

He is a self-proclaimed cheat and may be playing on that site -- or he may just be a vile enough person to want you to lose your money for no good reason.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:12 AM

Default loosemoron is an honest guy when he sign up for his username

at least that's a +
Old 06-23-2003, 04:42 PM

Default YEA, BUT HE CAN\'T SPELL OR CONJUGATE FOR SH*T!!N/M

Old 09-11-2003, 04:06 PM

Default Bump

I wish i read this thread before I threw away $125

I have no real proof this site uses bots but I ran a few tests, here they are:

1) I asked a question about the integrity of the site, 2 min later everyone had something to say all defending the site, but they took turns like 1 person was typing for all of them.

2) I played for 2 1/2 hrs taking 15-19 sec per turn I didnt get 1 complaint and no one left

3) I started abusing the all-in protection, they give you 1 every minute so i used it where ever i saw fit again not one complaint.

4) I got my kk kk AA and my set of tens beat by t6o j4o q9o and j9s all against opponents who saw about 10% of the flops

another interesting note 90% of the tables have 7-9 players 24/7 before i mentioned this to the people at my table it was 100%

Just thought id post this and maybe save someone some money
Old 09-11-2003, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Bump

JWise is very wise indeed as he has hit the head of many nails that sum up to why I won't play at Propoker again.

#4 happened to me as well. I had an absolutely amazing string of great starting cards beaten in rapid sucession by trash. Just as bad is when the flop manages to finally hit you, you'll find your opponents starting to make great laydowns when before they had no problem clinging to their 94off bottom pair to the river.

Ok, I'm done venting. If loosemoron is recommending the site, that's bad enough for me. Stay far, far away.