Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2003, 01:22 PM

Default DONT play at pokerstars if you like money!!!

pokerstars is a fricken ripoff site. i dont know how they are doing it. i do not think its bots,i also didnt get alot of bad beats or anything of that nature. i only lost 65 dollars but i get the feeling something is not right. unlike the other sites i get the feeling you cannot win big at that site. i won significant amounts from ub,paradise,party,etc but not pokerstars(cash games) any posters here have the same experience? dont call me a sore loser,ive lost less than 200 at that site playing 2-4 to 4-8.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:03 PM

Default talk to your dog or the wall

You lost $60? You slag pokerstars?
If you offered something contructive with your whining, then I'd suggest you talk to us.
Posts like this seem to have other motives.

For those new. I've played at pokerstar for over 4000 hands. Their software is decent. Tournaments are excellent ( great selection and never experienced any problems ) There is decent traffic and Ok ring game selection. Support is excellent and overall it is a very well run site. I've never experienced problems cashing out. IMO it is one of the more professionally run sites on the net.
Negative is that the games are tougher than most of the other bigger sites, but the games are allot more beatable than they used to be. At times there are very good games with high flop % and decent pot size.

I would recommend checking out the site, if you are looking for another place to play.

Instinct
Old 06-21-2003, 02:24 PM

Default Re: DONT play at pokerstars if you like money!!!

I don't know what you mean. I am a bot, er player at pokerstars and I've won thousands off of humans like you.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:54 PM

Default Re: talk to your dog or the wall

I'd be curious to know how you feel about the interface... While Party is down I logged on and tried to get my account going (can't - no money in neteller, credit cards not taken by either - so I'll wait) but I find the interface very strange. But then Party is my only other place I play, so they just look so different...
Old 06-21-2003, 03:05 PM

LOL
some humans are such easy money.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:09 PM

Default Re: talk to your dog or the wall

I used to only play at Paradise and found party wierd to begin with. I guess it just takes a while to get used to it.

I don't mind the interface but out of the top 4 sites, its #4 for me. I don't show the pictures .. too busy for me with them.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:16 PM

are you a stud hi/lo player?
Old 06-21-2003, 04:59 PM

Default Believe me...

...if ANYONE wants to believe the fix is in at Pokerstars, it's me. I won about $9K there in March and April (playing only $30/$60 Holdem), and now I haven't picked up a pot for like two months. I can't make aces stand up, I go out on the bubble every other tournament, and I haven't made a draw in about 2500 hands. It's been brutal, and the beats have "seemed strange" sometimes.

But there's nothing wrong there, I'm confident. THAT'S POKER. It runs like that sometimes.

Sure, game selection is WAY more important (there can be some TOUGH games), but the room can be worked pretty well by picking your spots.

All of this from someone getting murdered for 6 weeks.

I believe this lends my statements credibility.

To quote Colonel Kilgore in Apocalypse Now: "Someday this war's gonna end."
Old 06-21-2003, 06:49 PM

Albert -

Just wondering if you would be saying this if it had happened at another site or even in a B&M room? If you were having such a horrendous time let's say on Paradise or Party...would your header say DON'T PLAY AT PARADISE..PARTY POKER. You *do* have choices as to where you want to play.

I dunno....I really like Stars find nothing wrong with the site even when I endure bad beats, cold cards, losing streaks...it happens to all online players.

I hope you can turn your game around and realize its not the site..It's POKER. Sorry if I am rambling I just get *annoyed* when I hear people dis Stars.

Old 06-21-2003, 08:06 PM

dilligaf,i already stated i loss less than 2 hundred at that site. thats not a huge amount. i also stated i did not suffer much bad beats. besides a couple of posters here who stated they won a good amount from that site,theres no one else coming forward. if you ask who wins regularly at other big sites there will be much more. 2 sites i have been losing at so far is pokerstars and propoker. i played at propoker the first few weeks they open. they werent offering any type of bonus then. anyways i promptly lost my 100 ,and email them accusing the (players) of hacking and knowing what my hole cards are. little did i know then that it was the site that was the culprit. to this date that was the only time i ever email any sites in regards to cheating.i only lost a small amount at pokerstars. its the way i lost the money that was suspicious. if you feel the site is safe to play at and are winning then by all means do so. ive been supporting myself through online poker for 2 years now,and if pokerstars is the only site thats available ,i will go out and look for a job tomorrow. regards, albert