Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2003, 09:54 AM

Default Party Blues

I have not been a regular Party player, but they sent me the comeback bonus email, and all the talk of how good the games were I thought I'd give it another try. Made a deposit last night and jumped on. I was shocked at how bad their site was running.

1. The waiting list appears to have about at least 30 players on the list for every 3-6 table, but when I put my name on all tables I'm called almost immediately.
2. First table I'm called to says seat open but when I click on it wont work, and the message at the bottom says I'm 35 out of 37, called to next table and it let me on.
3. Managed a whopping 25 hands in an hour, either it just ran slow or kept losing and reestablishing connection.

How are you guys playing like this? Went back this morning only to find more of the same. Managed a $50 win for the 25 hands, think this might be enough till they manage to fix this nonsense.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Party Blues

I've just bought into there too, and am left equally cold by their software.

No flop percentage stats? What? How much does that suck?
As you said the Waiting List seems a number between 0-100 plucked out of fresh air, with no meaning.
And SLOOOW. Much slower than I thought it would be. Even allowing for looser tables. I'm even having a problem finding the loose tables without Flop %. As soon as I think I've got one it tightens up, then on to another 20 minute search to find a good table. By the time I get a seat it's another rock garden.

Thoroughly unimpressed.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:38 PM

i think what is happening with the waiting lists is that as people come on board to play they click say the "any 1-2 with 8 or more players" button

this adds one more player to every 1-2 table

then the person gets on a table

instead of the player's name being taken off every other table it stays there in the list

then at some stage a seat on the next table is offered to him - the player quickly clicks "cancel" - this knocks the offer on to the next player, who is in the same postion, and so on, like a machine-gun, until say the 27th player on the list is the next genuine waiter, and he takes the seat

i would have thought it would be simple to programme the player's name to be taken off all lists as soon as he sits at one table

Old 06-21-2003, 02:44 PM

well, they are down for maintenance for the past 2 hours
let us hope they come back with all the bugs gone
supposed to be back at 3pm est
then again , they were supposed to be back at 130
Old 06-21-2003, 03:01 PM

Just so you new players to Party will know, the servers are usually much faster. The influx of new players has caused some problems, but the servers seemed to be improved until yesterday. I play nearly every day at Party...I think you will enjoy the games there if you give it a chance.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:06 PM

Tough to rack up enough hands for the bonus when the server is only putting out about 25 hands an hour and only a few are playable. Mike Havens explanation cleared up a lot of frustration for me. Why cant someone at party come up with answers about thier problems.I can say I have never had a cashout problem, yes, I have had numerous cashouts.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:26 PM

Party is back up, running much better.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:32 PM

Definitely, moving a lot faster here also.

Jeff