Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 03:40 AM

Default bottom two on flush board.

This seems very weak to me. Preflop was a misclick, guessing noone plays this with only one limper. how about with 2/3 limpers? Check-raise the turn?

bb 35/6/2
mp 40/11/0.6

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 11-10-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: bottom two on flush board.

Preflop is bad. I bet out on the flop and 3 bet if raised back to me. With the way you played it I 3 bet when it is 2 back to me (even against this guy). I bet out on turn. River is tough, i dont know.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is bad. I bet out on the flop and 3 bet if raised back to me. With the way you played it I 3 bet when it is 2 back to me. I bet out on turn. And you really should call this river. I think you messed up all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]
I couldn't put it better myself. Hypothetical question: do we overcall this river? I think I'd have to lay this down with a caller or two before me.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is bad. I bet out on the flop and 3 bet if raised back to me. With the way you played it I 3 bet when it is 2 back to me (even against this guy). I bet out on turn. River is tough, i dont know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the river is the easiest. BB or MP has the flush all day.

Yeah, you have to bet this out.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the river is the easiest. BB or MP has the flush all day.

Yeah, you have to bet this out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the river is quite easy. I'm wondering why waiting for the turn is bad. If i lead, any heart can call and it doesnt protect my hand here(i think). If i check-raise the turn i belive i have more chance of forcing out a heart, building a pot when i have a bigger chance of winning. I'm really not sure, but that is my take. What do you make of the line i suggested?
Old 11-10-2005, 04:13 AM

If this was your line why didnt you raise the turn? I think i still like pounding this flop and turn.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 AM

sure i agree with you. i wussed out with regards to the turn c/r. was looking for a line to take on such hands as im not sure i'm playing these hands the best way possible.