Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Aces in the big blind

As always I am interested in your thoughts on my thought process.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($701.10)
Hero ($615.15)
UTG ($359.65)
UTG+1 ($253)
MP1 ($600.75)
MP2 ($600)
CO ($107)
Button ($591)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, SB calls $12.

Flop: ($36) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $35</font>, Hero calls $35.

Flop: I am probably ahead. But I really don't want to face an all-in reraise from a hand that is likely to spades but could be a deuce. Also if he is on a total steal, calling is better for me than raising. So I call.

Turn: ($106) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $70</font>, Hero calls $70.

Turn: I am still probably ahead. I still don't want to get put to the test with an all in reraise, so I call.

River: ($246) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: His check suggests that his most likely hand is busted spades. If so, it doesn't matter if I check or bet.

But with all the strength he has shown on the flop and turn, it is also possible that he has a big hand and is trapping, looking for the check raise. Also he may manage to fold a hand like a seven if I bet, since I showed a lot of strength by calling twice.

So I check.

Final Pot: $246
Old 11-09-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Aces in the big blind

No reads, I presume?

What hands with a 2 call PF?

22: 1 combo
A2s: 1 combo
23s: 2 combos

I would say his most likely hand here BY FAR is a medium-small pair, with a flush draw being second most likely. He might even be "trapping" with KK.

If you think he'll call or get fiesty with these hands, raise flop, if not, call and raise turn. Call any re-raise.

Given the way it played out... you gotta value bet the river. This is a classic check to induce a bluff spot, he calls with lots of weaker hands.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:40 PM

I make it 110 to go on the flop. What hands do you think Villain has that beat you here? Is he loose enough to call with A2s?? I really think you're ahead here and that youre missing value/information by not raising this flop. I think you played this hand timidly. There aren't many hands out there that beat you.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:41 PM

ugh, i dont like this one bit.

You really think he leads out with a deuce? I think most likely he has a 7 followed by weak pair and then a flush draw. I dont mind a call here some of the time, but I think that a call looks stronger to him than a raise does (and if it doesn't then you need to work at it so that it he thinks you could be bluffing).

If you call the flop, you gotta raise that turn. Make him pay! You have a very strong hand on this board, and it would be pretty bad if a 7 or spade rolled off on the river. He could have also had a spade draw that paired the queen, make him pay.

And the way you played it, I think river is a very easy value bet. Bet the pot, it looks like a busted draw, and a seven will call you a lot of the time.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:04 PM

You realy need to bet this river.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You realy need to bet this river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2005, 08:47 PM

How many raises are you calling with 32s? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 09:22 PM

Your line makes sense if you want to "bluff" the river...
I if you dont, raise before is better. I would prefer flop cause as prevacitor says it looks more like a bluff.

Best wishes
Old 11-09-2005, 09:40 PM

Sounds like NL is not the right game for you.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like NL is not the right game for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL.
this hand is awful.