Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 12:58 AM

Default QQ against a TAG

Both UTG+1 (14/9/2.4) and UTG+2 (17/14/5.8) appear to be solid TAG's over several hundred hands.

Button (32/7/1.2) is loose passive and likes to cold-call.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (18.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>

First, is capping preflop OK here? UTG+2 is extremely aggressive, and I believe I have equity to cap.

What is my plan after I'm 3-bet on the flop?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: QQ against a TAG

Pre-flop is perfect.

I kind of like the idea of calling the flop three-bet with the intent of raising his bet on the turn and then calling down after that. Use your good relative position on him to face the cold-calling big blind with two cold and maybe get him to fold something that has 5 outs or something.

Getting three-bet on the turn sucks, but you have 2 outs, your opponent is super-aggro, and your hand will win unimproved against JJ, maybe 99, ATs or whatever easily enough to call down.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:41 AM

I cap the flop then bet the turn or just call down if he bets it
Old 11-09-2005, 03:39 AM

If the button can't be knocked out (which his stats suggest) then I call all the way and fold if an ace or king hits, but man that sucks.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I kind of like the idea of calling the flop three-bet with the intent of raising his bet on the turn and then calling down after that. Use your good relative position on him to face the cold-calling big blind with two cold and maybe get him to fold something that has 5 outs or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Assume that Button folds to our turn raise and that Villain calls and checks the river. We take a free showdown, yes?

Calling the flop 3-bet, raising the turn and taking a free showdown puts maximum pressure on Button, at the same cost as calling down, so I like it. But a turn 3-bet would of course suck royally. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]