Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Will play poker for food (LC day in the life of droolie)

Lately I've been struggling to get in hands and feel a little bad about it as my family is broke and we really need the extra income. I'm a big Patriots fan and decided to get a nice take-out dinner from a local BBQ place before the game. I know I really shouldn't be blowing money like this right now and my wife gives me a little crap but she eagerly shares my dinner anyways. I tell her not to worry that I'll just play a little poker beofre the game and win the money I spent on the BBQ back in no time. (She doesn't really understand poker very well and thinks the poker money is like some weird an ATM for me)

So I sit down to play a little poker before the football and my intention is to play just long enough to win the price of my takeout dinner ($15) at the 2/4 tables. A couple tables, a couple orbits, a little luck and I'm out of there feeling better about ordering take-out. Of course this doesn't work and I'm instantly stuck about 25BB's or so on the heals of flopping the nut flush and a set and getting sucked out on both losing big ole pots. No big deal as I'm a big picture guy and I realize how well I do in these 15 minutes means nothing in the long run but for some reason I really wanted to pay for that friggin dinner and feel less guilty about my inability to keep $$ in my pocket.

Now the game is starting but since my TIVO is set to record the game I decide play a little longer hoping to get back to even (this meal has now cost me $115). I figure I can miss a little of the game and skip the commercials and catch up to the live action before half-time. Who wants to watch all those commercials anyways?

Before I know it I have 4-tables going on auto-pilot and I'm in 4 perfect seats directly to the left of four perfect fish. They're loose, passive, go too far and have HUGE stacks.

Over the next 30 minutes or so I scratch and claw and isolate my ass off until eventually my luck turns. I go on a great run and get my account back the 25BB's I lost and even win enough to barely cover my dinner expenses. I unclick the "auto-post blinds button" and finish out my orbits on the four tables I'm playing so I can go watch the game. I'm actually hoping no playable hands come up at this point so I can watch the game like the smug little prick that I am.

Two of my tables end without incident but UTG at my second to last table I catch 66 and decide to play it even though I know this is cutting into my takeout feel-good vibe if I miss. Of course some LP TAG a-hole isolates my limping ass and I want to vmoit. However I spike a set, drag a nice 12BB pot and seriously consider ending the session right then and there.

I'm feeling pretty good about myself and the fact that I've earned my dinner and then some. I'm back to being God's gift to poker and all's right in droolieland. I've only got one more hand to go at my last table so I decide to see what comes...

On the last hand at the last table this happened... of course I get a playable hand that is impossible to get away from....

I get A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG and raise, there's an EP cold-caller and the button re-raises. The SB calls, I call the limper calls. The button and SB are shortstacked to about 6BB's each or so

There's 12SB's in the pot
The flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
The SB bets, I raise, the limper folds, the button 3-bets, we both call.

Three of us go to the turn for about 10BB's.
The turn is a non-spade blank.
The SB checks, I check, the button bets, SB calls, I call.

Three of us to the river for 13BB's
The river is the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
The SB bets, I raise, the button calls all-in, the SB raises all-in, I call.

After the hand I go watch the Patriots get destroyed on national television. I go to bed ANGRY! The moral to the story? There is none. The patriots suck this year and I'm stupid for abandoning 4 perfect seats an hour before Party's 3 billionth hand was dealth. I'm a bit nuerotic and despite my self-declared longterm approach I can be remarkeably short-term results oriented when I order take-out.

Oh and yeah I'm really lucky too. Button had KK, SB had AJ. MHWG.

I think I'll get take-out again tonight. See you at the tables....
Old 11-08-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Will play poker for food (LC day in the life of droolie)

Assuming you're a 2BB/100 player (with 200 hands an hour) at 2/4, playing for $15 means that you should have stopped after an hour, win or lose.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

/nit
Old 11-08-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you're a 2BB/100 player (with 200 hands an hour) at 2/4, playing for $15 means that you should have stopped after an hour, win or lose.

/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

But that just wouldn't FEEL good.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm way better than that. I'm God's gift to poker, remember? I should have had the money in at least 3 hands of the 1st orbit!

BTW- I can't remember the hand exactly and I think I may have messed up the flop and turn action as well as the flop cards. There may not have been an A and I may not have bet. I'll check the hand history when I get home and correct the action for you guys who want to critique the hand. I believe there were more questionable calls on my part in the actual hand but for the life of me I cannot remember it.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:05 PM

Isn't TIVO just the best?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:09 PM

mmmmmmm, bbq.

i'll transfer you $15 if it's somewhere i can get dinner now.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mmmmmmm, bbq.

i'll transfer you $15 if it's somewhere i can get dinner now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me plus raw meat

plus

or

equals

deliciousness [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 06:36 PM

Even if you
plus

and minus
?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:42 PM

Actually the Pats dont suck, it your corner Samuel that sucks. THat guy got burned about 4 times. 2 were scores.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:03 PM

Lighter fluid is for the weak. Chimney starters, man! (for the smoker, my weber is propane [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])