Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 02:27 PM

Default My Massive Tilt Session

Going on tilt is nothing unusual for any of us let alone me. But last night something triggered in my brain right from the start of the day and I was on sickening, destructive tilt for EVERY SINGLE HAND on every single table I was on (five NL1k tables). It could account from having a bad start at the 2k tables. Or it could be that I haven't really spent as much time at the tables lately as I usually do therefore my rythm was off. Or a couple of ugly beats that threw me off early. I can't put my finger on it but it was the nastiest and worst tilt (and worst play) I have ever experienced. And it's not even close. Try -9 buy ins over 2000 hands. Yeah.

Did anyone from here witness my self-destruction from last night? If so, please chime in and either berate me, scold me, laugh at me, encourage me, flame me, whatever. Just say something so that I never do this again. Please.

HEK

btw...is there anything you guys do after a single day like this? Do you drop down a couple levels to cool off? Jump back in but focus on staying cool? I'm not really steaming now. I'm over it....almost. But I sure as [censored] don't want a repeat performance.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: My Massive Tilt Session

the only way to gain tilt-lossed buyins is a stronger, more crazed insane tilt session.

pm me for private table where you can vent this frustration.

seriously though, whenever i am tilted by something, and then do something stupid out of tilt and lose, it usually causes me to immediately quit because i am pissed at myself.

now if something tilts me, and then another beat or cold-decking happens out of my power, then i usually go crazier. when this is the case, one dumb move by me isn't enough to snap me out of it and cause me to quit, it usually takes two.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:47 PM

When i drop a few buyins and go on tilt mode..i take a break...smoke a cig...play brothers in arms for a lil ..
thats what killing nazis is for....to cure poker tilt.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When i drop a few buyins and go on tilt mode..i take a break...smoke a cig...play brothers in arms for a lil ..
thats what killing nazis is for....to cure poker tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you tell the difference between you in normal mode and you in tilt mode...? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 02:56 PM

LoL, when im in normal mode, i am raping the table...
when im in tilt mode..i play weak tight.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:21 PM

I "try" to take a few days off. But honestly I'm more motivated to get the money back then I was in the first place to win it.

Don't know about you HEK, but I've tried to put session loss-limits in place to curb this tendency to have one massive tilt which ruins weeks worth of work, but haven't had much luck. Two or three stacking bad beats generally puts me on massive monkey tilt action.

I think I need to shoot a pillow like Robert DeNiro in "Analyze This". Playing Navy Seals just makes me angrier b/c I get demerits for shooting people too loudly.

Good luck, we should invent some pill for tilting, sell it on the intarmanet.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:31 PM

I usually tilt until I get suckout for one buyin, then I feel ok closing down. That usually takes me 3-4 buyins. Last night I tried something new though. I have been working with a lower stakes player a bit and giving him advice on HHs. Last night after dropping a few buyins to the 5/10 game and busting out of 3 different tourneys on suckouts, I needed a break. We created a $100 NL private table and just played heads up for a while. I lost a buyin to him before coming back and winning my money back, but it was enjoyable. After that I moved to the 3/6 tables and proceeded to dominate like normal again. I think a good break is definately in order but I enjoy playing some sports or some sort of socialization. A couple beers also seems to work well [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 03:34 PM

having a UB .05/.10 table of rage is highly recommended.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:44 PM

Sit at a Party $.50/$1 table with $1,000, raise every single hand PF at every opportunity, and then play raise or fold after the flop. Do this for an hour or two.

Does great to blow off steam, and also reinforces the power of aggression in your sessions. Ten bucks says you don't lose nearly as much money as you think you would. I'm actually only down about 0.2 BB/100 doing this over quite a few tilt sessions...

- C -
Old 11-08-2005, 03:48 PM

One thing I used to try to do when I lost a big pot was simulate tilt to get more action, but as time went on I found the simulation was more reality than anything. I'd make a play and say to myself "well, he thinks I'm on tilt etc. etc. so I should make this loose call", but it would be a terrible call and you can always justify staying by saying you have a great image right now and should be able to make it back easily. But accurately simulating tilt while being able to remain completely calm and focused... it's a very difficult thing to do, and it can be very costly if you're not as good at it as you think you are.