Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Playalong! AJo UTG in a kill pot

Live 2/4. Table is mostly loose passive and lovely. This hand is a half-kill (edited for shillx), so we're playing 3/6. The killer (who posts $3) is the BB (in this case, he posts $3 instead of his normal $2 big blind).

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG.

Hero...?
Old 11-08-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Playalong! AJo UTG in a kill pot

You are playing a half kill game and you should raise.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:09 AM

raise and fold when its two bets back to you
Old 11-08-2005, 02:12 AM

Hero raises.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:19 AM

Right-o. Boring.

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG. It is a (half-)kill pot. The killer (who posts $3) is the BB.

Hero raises, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

READS:

CO is an ok player. He was aggressive enough to 4-bet me earlier when we both had trip jacks and he filled up.

Button is a regular who is ok but LAG postflop, and frequently maniacal preflop (on some nights, he straddles every time he's UTG).

BB is loose passive.

Flop (8 SB): T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)

BB checks, Hero...?
Old 11-08-2005, 02:30 AM

Hero bets because Hero always bets. No really though, Hero bets because you're calling a bet anyway, and you may get a pointless raise from Button you can use to isolate him. BB is calling two cold, and you can 3-bet to fold CO. Now you get HU against Captain Straddle (Button) where he could have anything from a set to a gutshot, and likely the worse end of that range.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:53 AM

Default TURN Re: Playalong! AJo UTG in a kill pot

No one wants to play this flop? Fine.

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG. It is a (half-)kill pot. The killer (who posts $3) is the BB.

READS:

CO is an ok player. He was aggressive enough to 4-bet me earlier when we both had trip jacks and he filled up.

Button is a regular who is ok but LAG postflop, and frequently maniacal preflop (on some nights, he straddles every time he's UTG).

BB is loose passive.

Flop (8 SB): T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)

BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls

<font color="blue">Continuation betting against 4 opponents is marginal (and, therefore, i thought potentially playalong-worthy), but I decided to keep the initiative here. As Slim noted, i'm calling a bet anyway.</font>

Turn (6 BB): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero checks <font color="blue">(anyone betting again?)</font>, CO checks, Button bets, BB calls, Hero...?

How many outs do you think Hero has?
Old 11-08-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets because Hero always bets. No really though, Hero bets because you're calling a bet anyway, and you may get a pointless raise from Button you can use to isolate him. BB is calling two cold, and you can 3-bet to fold CO. Now you get HU against Captain Straddle (Button) where he could have anything from a set to a gutshot, and likely the worse end of that range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button in this hand is Eddie, the guy whose name is not Hank.

I'm not sure how much you're joking/high on Robitussin, but 3-betting this flop with BB trapped in the middle is insanity. Button is LAGgy, but not a maniac, and even if i'm ahead of him, i don't know how often i'm ahead of cold-calling BB.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Re: TURN Re: Playalong! AJo UTG in a kill pot

Worst. Playalong. Ever.

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG. It is a kill pot. The killer (who posts $3) is the BB.

BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls

Turn (6 BB): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

<font color="blue">I have 3 outs to the nuts, one more that gives me the nut straight but puts a potential flush on board, and 3 aces (1 club) for a top pair that might be good. This turns out to be a pretty easy peel, i guess.</font>

River (10 BB): Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, BB calls, Hero raises, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls.

There was going to be another decision where we either donk or go for a check-raise. This decision was made easier by Button getting his bet ready to go while the action was still on BB, so going for the check-raise was easy.

Anyway, sorry for the failed playalong. It was my first attempt. I'll do better next time, i promise.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: TURN Re: Playalong! AJo UTG in a kill pot

Not a huge fan of the check-raise at the end, I can see a lot of hands checking behind here. Just bet out.