Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 01:15 PM

Default j,10 hand

Someone tell me this is too week?
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](6 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, [color=#CC3333]MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, [color=#CC3333]MP3 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 11-07-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: j,10 hand

You're getting 9:1 with 5 outs that may or may not be good against a "trap the field" turn raise on a fairly ragged board...
Close - I'm not sure it matters all that much. A read would help.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:35 PM

didn't have enough hands on him for it to matter so no read, heads up i think i would've called down, but his raise looked like a clear attempt to extract the max out of a set. These hands come up a lot, and I guess i'm just afraid that people are taking stabs at me now.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:43 PM

Given all the information I fold because even your jack may be no good.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:42 PM

I think with a weak kicker in this pot it's an ok fold. You're not sure any of your outs are good, the board is very drawless and unless it's a stone bluff (unlikey given a typical 2/4 player) you're probably beat.

I'm not saying 2/4 players don't bluff, but they rarely raise the turn on this board with less than top pair, and if he hhas top pair or better you're probably drawing to 3 outs at best.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:10 PM

In a vacuum, I think a fold is generally OK here. Normal players generally don't turn-raise in a four-way pot like this without a real hand (i.e., one that can beat top pair, especially with a mediocre kicker). But, not everyone is a normal player.

A hand like 77 is consistent with the action. Given the highly uncoordinated board I might also be inclined to wait for the turn before raising.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:18 PM

Yeah, I think it's okay. A hand like 32s isn't especially likely, so you're probably not in a very good situation, in terms of outs (and often you won't have any outs at all).

Occasionally Villain will have hands like A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 88 here, but I think usually you're going to be in trouble.

By the way, when you convert the hand, if you switch the Format to 2+2 Forums (in the upper-left of the converter), the hand will be easier to read.