Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 01:28 PM

Default AQ vs turn-raise from loose player. Take a look on river?

CO is 66/0/1.13 - 15 hands - loose unknown
Button is 68/4.65/0.36 (22 hand) - loose unknown
BB is well-known TAG

Well.. 2 questions:

Is my flop 3bet for value against this oppositon?
What should I do on turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero ?????
Old 11-04-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: AQ vs turn-raise from loose player. Take a look on river?

I think you call down, unless the river is a heart, I think I'd fold the river to a lot of action though. I take it you didn't win the hand????

The flop 3 bet is my default play here - You are usually way ahead (if not this time, most of the time) you have a lot of equity here. Good flop raise.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:59 PM

I'm the biggest calling station when it comes to calling down on the turn and river when I might be ahead.

But here, what hands does this guy reasonably have?

1. Flush
2. Straight
3. Slowplayed set
4. Ratty two pair

Against 1-3, you are drawing dead
Against 4, you have a few outs, but the fact that this guy called 3 bets on the flop, and raised everyone on the turn,

This isn't even all you have to worry about. The guy raising the flop might have you beat too.

I don't usually fold in big pots, but you are done in this hand. You have 0-4 outs. Probably more towards the 0 side a majority of the time.

I'd fold this for 1 more on the turn.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:00 PM

Frop 3bet good.

Fold turn.