Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Andrew Black talking about Neverwins hand when still 1 more to act..

I don't play much live poker, but is that completely against poker etiquette? Also, is it something he can be penalized or warned for?

If you missed it Dustin had 77, Black 1010 and 3rd guy Ax. Flop was Axx (no 7 no 10) Neverwin bets 80K and Andrew thinks outloud of Neverwins possible holdings.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Andrew Black talking about Neverwins hand when still 1 more to act..

Yeah I think that was wrong. I saw a few plays like that in the coverage and nobody ever objected to it.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Andrew Black talking about Neverwins hand when still 1 more to act..

Seems like Bart Rice appreciated the help at the time - since it is very hard to act when some guy has loudly proclaimed that the guy has a sick monster.

I thought that was very very very bad form.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like Bart Rice appreciated the help at the time - since it is very hard to act when some guy has loudly proclaimed that the guy has a sick monster.

I thought that was very very very bad form.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bart Rice gave new meaning to the term "instamuck!"
Old 11-04-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play much live poker, but is that completely against poker etiquette? Also, is it something he can be penalized or warned for?

If you missed it Dustin had 77, Black 1010 and 3rd guy Ax. Flop was Axx (no 7 no 10) Neverwin bets 80K and Andrew thinks outloud of Neverwins possible holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a problem with his comments since he was in the hand and hadn't discussed what he had.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Andrew Black talking about Neverwins hand when still 1 more to act

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a problem with his comments since he was in the hand and hadn't discussed what he had.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you. If he seriously plans on folding, it's bad. If not and he just decides to fold eventually, no problem with it.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:39 PM

I think this is extremely poor educate. For one, what's the point of giving away your hand by talking about unless you're going to fold? Black was essentially telling both players he had a pair and didn't like the A. So what the hell did he keep contemplating for? He can't play that hand OOP with his hand so clearly defined.

And you just shouldn't do this stuff.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is extremely poor educate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you don't mean "Etiquette"? lol

Seriously, I didn't see the hand but if Black is still in it, there is NOTHING wrong with thinking out loud. After all, he's trying to read his opponent. You can't take this away from Black just b/c there is another opponent yet to act. Come on.

Now if Black folds, THEN declares what he thinks Dustin has, then yes, that should be a penalty.

EDIT: How would this be different than at a 9-handed NL table UTG raising 3xbb, next guy raising to 10XBB, and third guy pushing all in for 40XBB, and then the rest of the table (all yet to act) whistling and chuckling as they toss their cards into the muck (inadvertantly "telling" those in the blinds that the third guy has AA).???

No different, just b/c they don't say "OMG he's got AA", doesn't mean it isn't implied for those yet to act.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Andrew Black talking about Neverwins hand when still 1 more to act

[ QUOTE ]
if Black is still in it, there is NOTHING wrong with thinking out loud.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2005, 07:59 PM

Of course I meant etiquette. Stupid typo - I obviously know the difference between the words.

Multi-tabling + posting = -EV