Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:10 PM

Default A7s BB Should I know better?

I had been playing at the table for awhile but the make up of the players has changed in the last few hands so I have very little to go on. Villan who is UTG+1 appears loose but he hasnt been at the table more than 20 hands.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

There were no preflop raises so I think UTG + 2 may have similar hand to myself A9 or flush draw. I think it is possible for him to have pr of 9s but I am skepitcal becuase I think if he was going to play 9s in EP he would have raised pre flop to narrow field but it is a possiblity. The other callers I assume have draws with possible overcards.

Turn: (10.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

I think I myabe toast -- two check riases. I am not sure what to do here. The check raise by UTG+1 surprises me. The re-raise by UTG +2 is not so surprising. There is only two hands that beat me that I consider KK and 99 both of which I am not conident either have.

River: (26.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

When UTG+2 folds I am fairly confident it's mine but I check and call as the way the hand came down I am perplexed as to UTG+1 check raise and agression after the flop.

Final Pot: 29.75 BB
Old 11-02-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: A7s BB Should I know better?

Take a note on UTG+2. He probably likes to go nuts with draws on the flop AND the turn. This probably means he's a little hyper-LAG, but that's taking a little jump.

UTG+1 looks like he has a 7, so you only need to hope he doesn't have a paired kicker.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 looks like he has a 7 or 99, so you only need to hope he doesn't have a paired kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

addendum [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 04:55 PM

I really don't think you can fold anywhere here. Even on the turn after it's 2 back to you you still are getting odds to draw to a better fullhouse. If you factor in the small chance that you are still ahead, you got to call down.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:56 PM

I don't like the check on the turn.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the check on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. What happened from the flop to the turn that we suddenly worry about being behind?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:23 PM

These trip hands scare me too, because I remember the times that I'm out kicked, losing to a paired kicker or a set. But I still think you're winning this hand at least 50% of the time, particularly because you can't be out kicked. Why wouldn't you jam this for as much as you can? Is that the point of the call on the Turn? I would have bet out every round, and 3-bet any raise. [he says fearlessly while away from the table]
Old 11-02-2005, 05:26 PM

Am I the only one who raises this river? It looks to me like UTG+1 sees weakness by the two players going crazy on the flop, and thinks they may both be betting draws. Maybe he has AK and figures that he's got two pair top kicker. I think he raises KK preflop, and although he may have 99, I'm not confident enough he has got that hand to make me not raise the river.

I mean, how else does the K help him on the turn. The K completes no draws. The only realistic hand he has is 99. Like I said, I think you're ahead here, and obviously, if he re-raises you, then I would just call down. Hell he may even have A-7 himself.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:30 PM

I'd take a chance and raise the river. I think UTG+1 has a 7 but unless it's A7 we have a better kicker. He could have an overplayed King which is good for us, or he might have 99. That's bad but I'd take a chance on raising and calling if reraised.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:02 PM

I always love watching these hands play out. Does everyone have KK? I really like the c/r from utg+2. The CO has shown no strength so there is no reason to think he would bet the turn. It looks like he's on a draw and after the CO bets he kind of just said screw it let's jam the pot.

I think that if you are going to check this turn, you have to raise when the CO bets to put press on the 2 players between you and try and get them to fold. As it stands, it looks like they weren't going anywhere with all that raising.

I think we can probably put the CO on a decent K maybe KJo. UTG+1 is the real mystery. He was obviously trying to get a c/r in on UTG+2 so he was either slowplaying the 99 or 97 or the K helped him somehow (unless he did the dreaded AA limp). He could have K9 or K7 or just Kx.

As others have said, I would lead out on this turn and evaluate how the others play it.