Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Running bad...

What do you players do when running badly? I am playing a limit right now where the players are significantly bad yet everything is hitting against me. It's been about 25k hands now. Do you change games when this happens? Switch to full ring? I am at a loss as to what to do. I really hope this doesn't sound like i am whining. I have read the other downswing posts, but getting close to 30k hands seems pretty long. It's been mostly slightly above break even so it's not that I am even losing.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Running bad...

Hey Slyguy,

It's not uncommon to run breakeven for as many as 30k, 40k or even 50k+ hands at 6max, the variance is enormous at these games.

Check out Krishan's "11 things to pull out of a downswing" post, there are lots of great recommendations there.

I'd recommend cutting back on tables for a session, and really analyzing each situation...even the ones that appear standard. Once you are satisfied that your "standard" decisions line up with what you'd do if you took the time to reason it through, take that confidence in your game back to your usual limit/game and just log a bunch of hands every day.

The quickest way out of a downswing is playing lots of hands, and playing them well. It's tough to do when you get in a rough mental state. You can do it.

Surf
Closed Thread